• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Dev Needed... 2.1 Running on the Behold 2

Thanks! After making that post and doing some more searching on this forum I ended up ditching open home in favor of adw launcher ex which made even more of a difference...open home had the tendency to slow down to a crawl after sitting for a while which was really annoying, only fix was to reboot. Doesn't happen at all with adw.

Also changed the default browser to dolphin mini, which sped things up a ton as well while dealing with the browser (either on the internet or just opening/closing the app). Other stock apps have gotten quicker too with this combination, including wifi and the market app both of which used to be pretty laggy. Even the app drawer is smooth and responsive.

To anyone wanting to get the most out of your Behold 2, I'd recommend that combination to anyone...Bearsfan85s latest 1.6 rom + adw launcher (free or ex, tried both but liked the extra customizability and therefore greater speed potential of ex) and dolphin mini browser...for the first time I actually can call this phone quick and responsive at all times and in all situations not just after a reboot...

In any case, it'll do nicely until hopefully 2.1 (or even perhaps 2.2!) is released.

Hey, which rom are you referring to? I'm using the take5 inspired rom, but things still tend to lag.

Upvote 0
Hey, which rom are you referring to? I'm using the take5 inspired rom, but things still tend to lag.

I'm running this one:

http://androidforums.com/bearsfan85...nacle-wifi-tether-take5-final-behold-2-a.html

Also don't forget to change your default home launcher if you haven't already, that made as much of a difference as the rom did. I had open home and it was very laggy. ADW Launcher (Free or EX) really sped up my phone. It has had no lag at all since I did all this stuff to it.

Upvote 0
I'm running this one:

http://androidforums.com/bearsfan85...nacle-wifi-tether-take5-final-behold-2-a.html

Also don't forget to change your default home launcher if you haven't already, that made as much of a difference as the rom did. I had open home and it was very laggy. ADW Launcher (Free or EX) really sped up my phone. It has had no lag at all since I did all this stuff to it.

Yeah, that's the same one I'm using. ADW Launcher comes with that rom, and it's definitely WAY better than the stock 1.6, but my phone still gets sticky keys now and then along with bad battery life some days. Oh well, thanks anyway. We'll get 2.2 someday.

Upvote 0
Hmm that's odd...might want to check and see what other apps are running in the background...

Either way yeah, I'm holding out for 2.2. Eventually I will replace this phone with something other than a Samsung (even though I love their hardware) but that'll probably be long after 3.0 has been out. 2.2 will do great for me when it's released.

Upvote 0
as i posted in the general forum for the samsung behold 2, i'm trying to put it together, but with working 5 graveyard shifts a week while trying to get ready to be shipped in may for basic training in the USAF, it only gives me about a solid 12 hours a week to work on it....that is, if i don't have anything pop up in my personal life as well. XD My goal is between now and May to get a stable, everyday rom running 2.2.1 on the bh2. :D

Upvote 0
as i posted in the general forum for the samsung behold 2, i'm trying to put it together, but with working 5 graveyard shifts a week while trying to get ready to be shipped in may for basic training in the USAF, it only gives me about a solid 12 hours a week to work on it....that is, if i don't have anything pop up in my personal life as well. XD My goal is between now and May to get a stable, everyday rom running 2.2.1 on the bh2. :D

I just love your goal!!

Thank you for your efforts, and your service!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones