• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Development progress on Cyanogenmod7/9/10 Updated: 5/10

Test out CM9 here for LG Optimas Elite. http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus-elite/650801-need-person-optimus-elite-dev-help.html#post5243951 - Dead

Note: Unofficial build by rukin5197

Join us in IRC channel - freenode Web IRC (qwebirc) - Dead

Original Thread: http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus-elite/650801-need-person-optimus-elite-dev-help.html No Support

WARNING USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

__________________________________________________________________________________

My CM build: Not coming out due to the LG Optimas Elite having a difficult time getting CM9 or Cm10 to boot and work properly. The LG Optimas just doesn't want to run CM9-Cm10, which is starting to annoy me and rupkin. I think we both moved on to different devices like HTC One V, Galaxy S2, and other devices for now.

Almost commited a fatality with the Elite trying to get CM to work..lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alpha Testing Stage

Looking for brave testers who wants to CM RUNNING ON THE ELITE!!!

Please leave me a private message if you want to help the team test the future CM builds for us. Only going to be accepting few people due to not knowing how stable this rom is at the moment. Safety first

Requirements:

Brave warriors only - People who is ready to sacrifice device!!!

-Have backup ready just in case phone doesn't turn itself off after booting rom.

-Use GroupMe - Chat Service

-Logcat

Number of spots open: 5 - 4 Left

-Brianmay

Not everyone will get in.

Note: New build maybe coming soon. (Postpone)

Off-topic:

Looking for app developers also for another project we are currently working on.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1/25/2013 Wanted to let you guys know if I don't manage to get CM working on the Elite, than I hope you don't get mad at me. Been putting many hours into this project just to get you guys the taste of the 4.0+ life. The likes and support motivates me want to keep striving forward to get one of these CM builds to work. I am doing this for the community who once made my Elite feel like a whole new device for example Artine and many other wonderful developers, before I made my move to the HTC One V.

Note: Didn't want to get people hopes up only to be sadden.*
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What to expect in v1.1 Alpha:

-Fix backlight flickering and button flickering light issue
-Fix overheating -10% resolved
-Boot up to home screen - ofcourse
-Fix freeze up issue when finishing booting pass LG Logo

Note:This is the to-do list.

More details to come on the battle with the LG Elite and CM9.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Progress on builds:
Update 1: About CM development for LG Optimas Elite (12/18/2012)
Update 2: 2nd attempt at the LG Elite (1-5-2013)
Update 3: Alpha Testing invites (Open)
Update 4: Latest build booted pass LG Logo with no freeze ups. Just get black screen now and little bit heat from the battery. Getting warmer at least.
Update 5: 1/26/2013

Fixed so far in the pass few hours.
-Overheating problem been fix with new Boot.img
- No Freezes
-Computer now detects the device - (Randomly reconnects and disconnects)
-Doesn't show a black screen but instead a black screen with a backlight in the back ( Work in progress I guess).
-Boots pass LG Logo - Until it gets to the Backlight/Blackscreen
-Buttons now light up. 20% chance doesn't come ( Work in progress)

Update 6: Aroma installer,Deodexed, and self-odexing ,and other changes

Update: 7 - 5/10: [ROM][Alpha] CM9 for Virgin Mobile and Sprint 05/7/2013 Link

-First working CM9 build ready for testing.

Note: Little Late on update the thread about the new CM9 build for the Elite.

Well I mean I know I'd test it later but I wanna know if this from will do anything to alter the recovery and if it does will I be able to restore Cwm using ADB or something while in download mode.

Me and Rukin is working on getting it to install in Irc chat. Let you know on the progress.

Upvote 0
Can you please upload the updater-script without the getprop things please as an attachment I can download on here? I believe i edited it wrong and am getting a message when installing now.

Installing update...
format() expects 4 args, got 3
E:Error in /sdcard/blahblahblahyougettheideaherelol. xD

It says (Status 7) at the end of the error message. Then installation aborted.

Reactions: rukin5197
Upvote 0
Can you please upload the updater-script without the getprop things please as an attachment I can download on here? I believe i edited it wrong and am getting a message when installing now.

Installing update...
format() expects 4 args, got 3
E:Error in /sdcard/blahblahblahyougettheideaherelol. xD

It says (Status 7) at the end of the error message. Then installation aborted.

Thanks for this so much! Now I know how to get it to flash lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones