• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Development progress on Cyanogenmod7/9/10 Updated: 5/10

Okay how do I pull the build.prop from the source image from here?
https://wws.lg.com/global/support/opensource/opensourceList?types=ALL&search=vm696

And the updater script?

I don't know what that file is (I'm not able to really look at it atm) but you can grab all of that stuff from here https://github.com/Team-Osiris/lge_m3s_device_tree

The build.prop is called the system.prop and the updater script is generated by the python scripts in the tools folder

Edit: You are building from source right...? Just wondering

Reactions: LowEndGeek
Upvote 0
I don't know what that file is (I'm not able to really look at it atm) but you can grab all of that stuff from here https://github.com/Team-Osiris/lge_m3s_device_tree

The build.prop is called the system.prop and the updater script is generated by the python scripts in the tools folder

Edit: You are building from source right...? Just wondering

Well the Sony Xperia Play uses the same (or a very similar) chipset, and they already have CM10.1 Might try to work some magic and port it for us. Never done this before, just kind of playing around with this

Reactions: wrath_00
Upvote 0
Well the Sony Xperia Play uses the same (or a very similar) chipset, and they already have CM10.1 Might try to work some magic and port it for us. Never done this before, just kind of playing around with this

Alright dude I'm gonna stop you there... by "porting" this way... you're screwing yourself over... there is already a semi-functional 4.0+ rom (cm9)... obtaining the source for it is as simple as pming Phenom and asking for it... with that and a little work you should be able to get at least 4.1 up and running... even if you did somehow get it booting the way you are approaching it now... most likely everything that Phenom has worked so hard to fix would be broken

Also if the device is similar... what you do is examine its source... and use it to fix your own source... using the compiled rom won't help you at all

Upvote 0
Alright dude I'm gonna stop you there... by "porting" this way... you're screwing yourself over... there is already a semi-functional 4.0+ rom (cm9)... obtaining the source for it is as simple as pming Phenom and asking for it... with that and a little work you should be able to get at least 4.1 up and running... even if you did somehow get it booting the way you are approaching it now... most likely everything that Phenom has worked so hard to fix would be broken

Also if the device is similar... what you do is examine its source... and use it to fix your own source... using the compiled rom won't help you at all

Oooooh Okay, I see how this whole thing is working now... I was getting confused with the source/rom, assumed they were the same thing :eek:

I appreciate all the help I've gotten here, but lets not make it sound like I'm trying to "throw away everything Phenom has worked so hard on?"

I'm just a noob, having some fun, poking around :D:smokingsomb:

Upvote 0
Oooooh Okay, I see how this whole thing is working now... I was getting confused with the source/rom, assumed they were the same thing :eek:

I appreciate all the help I've gotten here, but lets not make it sound like I'm trying to "throw away everything Phenom has worked so hard on?"

As an outsider who didn't see that that way, please allow me - pretty sure he wasn't throwing you under the bus saying that.

Just emphasizing the work done and the importance of his suggestion.

I think that's pretty fair. :)

Upvote 0

Didn't mean it that way... what I'm saying is that wifi, data, etc has been fixed for cm9... using his tree would simplify the process of fixing up jellybean... once jellybean is at least booting of course... I'd be glad to help get you on your feet with source... I was just like you about 8 months ago :p... screwing with other devices roms... I've evolved into... much much more since then... with hard work and a little dedication you'll be amazed at how much you'll have grown

Upvote 0
Didn't mean it that way... what I'm saying is that wifi, data, etc has been fixed for cm9... using his tree would simplify the process of fixing up jellybean... once jellybean is at least booting of course... I'd be glad to help get you on your feet with source... I was just like you about 8 months ago :p... screwing with other devices roms... I've evolved into... much much more since then... with hard work and a little dedication you'll be amazed at how much you'll have grown

Believe me. When I get my laptop I'll be right there too. I love working with source and want to learn all I can.

Upvote 0
I was looking at a thread dealing with a Samsung phone and the camera. They had issues simply because Samsung added extra stuff to the camera. I'm thinking it's probably that way for us as well. LG putting in extra

The following is part of a PM giantpune sent me when we were last working on CM7. I never went down this route as I started getting very busy with work.

giantpune said:
last night I started looking around the qualcomm repos a bit and I think I found the droids we've been looking for.

You probably recognize this screen -
20121105162436.jpg

In the qualcomm repos, I found the manifest "M7630AABBQMLZA414005.xml". They name their manifests to match the baseband so it will be easier to find branches and tags and crap like that. I didn't find any manifests that start with the "M8655" like ours. There are lots of tags that start with that in the M7630 branches, though (M8655AABBQVLZA31361005). The next little part that doesn't match up is the "ZA". Ours has the "YM" at that spot. I still haven't run across any with the YM. This was one of only 1 or 2 that I saw with the "414005" at the end.

At any rate, I think this confirms that we do have the msm8655 and not the 7630. Wen I get this manifest, the code in vendor/qcom/android-open/libcamera2 matches up with our stock libcamera better than any of the other versions I've seen. Our stock one has some LG-specific stuff in it that they added in themselves. The frameworks/base/telephony/java/com/android/internal/telephony stuff matches our stock framework.apk 1000x better than the tangled mess that is cm7.

So, I'm gonna try building this one here in my crappy laptop and maybe it will run. If nothing else, it should give us code that works with our phone better than whichever of the thousands of versions of the qcom code happened to end up in the cm7 tree. You might have a look around and be able to figure out exactly which manifest LG used as a starting point.

M8655L-AABBQMLYM-414005
[3]B = LPDDR1
[6]M = Multimode
[7,8] = eMMC boot
[9]M = modem

LPDDR1 eMMC boot Multimode AABBQMLYM.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones