• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dialer and Cell Standby (HELP!)

GuMbO2008

May 3, 2011
Lately i've been constantly checking my battery on my phone and what things are using up the battery (Menu>Settings>About Phone>Battery) and i keep noticing sometimes that there is one thing that is using the battery a lot and its the "Dialer",

Usually when i check to see what is using up the battery it usually says:

Display 22%
Phone Idle 12%
Wifi 10%

Voice Calls 4%

AIM 3%

Now i'm seeing:

Dialer 28%
Cell Standby 26%
Display 22%
Phone Idle 12%

Wifi 5%
Voice Calls 4%

AIM 3%
Android OS 2%

Don't know why the Dialer and Cell Standby is so high usually they are lower than the Display. Anybody else having the same problem? And when i try to turn off my phone and turn it back on, I still see the same percentages even if i refresh the whole list.

My battery's lasting lots longer, I'm starting to think that yes there's a bug in dialer but probably a bigger bug in the battery use screen.

If I have dialer near the top usage like 11% or something and I look at dialer's details it shows like a few seconds cpu time and maybe 2 minutes wake-lock time. and this is at the end of the day where display has like an hour and a half use and maybe 30 mins voice calls. 2 mins of wake-lock shouldn't come anywhere near enough to either of those to be able to show up in batt use.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones