1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Did Anyone Else have the OTA Scramble their Contacts?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by flevy, Sep 3, 2010.

1. flevy

flevy Active Member

Mar 28, 2010
    After installing the OTA Froyo for my Incredible yesterday, I found that my contacts were alphabetized by first name, rather than last name. HTC tells me there is no way to fix this except to go through the contacts one-by-one and change how they are listed. The underlying Android 2.2 has a single toggle to change how contacts are ordered but HTC sense apparently disables the toggle.

My Microsoft Exchange account still has contacts alphabetized by the last name and I tried deleting Exchange from my Incredible and reinstalling it. The reinstallation went fine but contacts in the handheld are still alphabetized by first name.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks

Advertisement

ringostarr likes this.
  2. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Structural Engineer - Nuclear Industry
    Aurora, IL
    I used a ROM ripped from the RUU and my contacts have been by first name...I thought it has always been like this...for example my buddy Alex has always been at the top of my list...

3. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Network Engineering and Data Communications
    I'll be where I'm at!
    Mine has always been like that too, 2.1 and 2.2. I just went into gmail from the web and changed the view to last name first and synced and it is still the same.

Sorry! :(

4. thelastdraco

thelastdraco Well-Known Member

May 28, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
  5. Echo17121

Echo17121 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    It def messed up my people widget. When I go to select someone, it opens someone else and if I do manage to get the right person, it is a blank text with no name! I wonder if the rearranging has anything to do with that... :thinking: