• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Did Anyone Else have the OTA Scramble their Contacts?

flevy

Mar 28, 2010
After installing the OTA Froyo for my Incredible yesterday, I found that my contacts were alphabetized by first name, rather than last name. HTC tells me there is no way to fix this except to go through the contacts one-by-one and change how they are listed. The underlying Android 2.2 has a single toggle to change how contacts are ordered but HTC sense apparently disables the toggle.

My Microsoft Exchange account still has contacts alphabetized by the last name and I tried deleting Exchange from my Incredible and reinstalling it. The reinstallation went fine but contacts in the handheld are still alphabetized by first name.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks

Reactions: ringostarr
After installing the OTA Froyo for my Incredible yesterday, I found that my contacts were alphabetized by first name, rather than last name. HTC tells me there is no way to fix this except to go through the contacts one-by-one and change how they are listed. The underlying Android 2.2 has a single toggle to change how contacts are ordered but HTC sense apparently disables the toggle.

My Microsoft Exchange account still has contacts alphabetized by the last name and I tried deleting Exchange from my Incredible and reinstalling it. The reinstallation went fine but contacts in the handheld are still alphabetized by first name.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks

Mine has always been like that too, 2.1 and 2.2. I just went into gmail from the web and changed the view to last name first and synced and it is still the same.

Sorry! :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones