• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Did anyone get a manual?

potooleaf

Lurker
Jun 20, 2012
I got a ASUS T300 on Friday and it didn't come with a owners manual. (I had to get one from their website) It did come with a guide that showed how to plug it in and charge the battery but that's is. Did I just get a bad box or are then just not included. I couldn't find one on the tab either.

Being new to Android it was a bit frustrating trying to figure out what was what.

No, you didn't just get a "bad box". They only provide the rudimentary stuff to get the purchaser going. I can see their point, in the age of online communication/access it is very easy to download the requisite manuals, as you did in the end anyway. Also, it helps safe a few trees by not printing the manuals and keep the cost down; well the TFP TF300 is a very keenly priced product. Several other large household names do the same thing, in particular Logitech; I bought one of their keyboards which comes in a plain cardboard box and pretty much nothing else in the the way of tradtional paperwork.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones