• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Did you need wifi to set up Gmail for the 1st time?

Did you need wifi in order to set up your Gmail for the 1st time?

• Cricket Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cricket No

• Metro Pcs Yes

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Metro Pcs No

• Sprint Yes

• Sprint No

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • AT&T Yes

• AT&T No

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Verizon Yes

• Verizon No

• Alltel Yes

• Alltel No

• Prepaid Provider Yes

• Prepaid Provider No

• Other Yes

• Other No

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
I was able to use 3G - I read in one of your other posts that MetroPCS users have trouble with that?

I think this could be the major issue behind us losing data at random times. It affects text messaging and all other data using applications. Our area is not currently covered by the 4G service just yet but, There is coverage area very close to us. I think they are most likely expanding to cover our market.

Upvote 0
My phone always shows 1x. I thought that the data was the same as the sms. If your phone only ran 1x that applied to the text messaging as well. What I was saying is that since they may be upgrading to 4G here, They may have lapses (Blips, Down time) in their service which causes issues with any data being used on their service. That was just a guess as I'd never had this problem before they started using 4G coverage at all.

Upvote 0
My phone always shows 1x. I thought that the data was the same as the sms. If your phone only ran 1x that applied to the text messaging as well. What I was saying is that since they may be upgrading to 4G here, They may have lapses (Blips, Down time) in their service which causes issues with any data being used on their service. That was just a guess as I'd never had this problem before they started using 4G coverage at all.

Even with 1x, you still have data and you can setup your Gmail even with that.

The time you can't setup is when you have no symbol at all on the right side of the signal bars.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones