• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Different e-mail notification sound?

KHun

Lurker
Jun 24, 2011
I just got a replacement phone for my Incredible. On my old one I had a different notification sound than what is played for my SMS messages.

When I went in to try to change it, it wont give me the option to change the sound, just to have it on or off.

How do I do it?

I just got a replacement phone for my Incredible. On my old one I had a different notification sound than what is played for my SMS messages.

When I went in to try to change it, it wont give me the option to change the sound, just to have it on or off.

How do I do it?

is this SMS or E-mail?

for SMS at least, you change the sound inside the app. open it, hit the menu button, choose settings,notifications.

Upvote 0
well if you change the SMS in the app it will be different then E-mail.

I "think" E-mail is changed under "settings" "sound" "notifications.

I'm running a custom rom right now so I can't give you better directions then that sorry :(

I had thought that's how it was in my last phone but when I did it on this one, it only has little check boxes to turn it on or off and no other option for changing it.

Thanks though!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones