• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help different notification sounds

opeets

Dec 15, 2011
On my Gnex I don't see an option to set my notification settings for different types of events. I would like unique notification for email, sms, and calendar event alarm. If I'm busy at work I don't want to have to look at my phone every time I get an email, only when I need an appt reminder.

What's more confusing is that I use Nudnik because I need a nag-type app like my BB had. The Google calendar alone just doesn't cut it. Nudnik has its own alert notification settings. I can't tell who's in charge?

As pool_shark said, each app has its own settings. Go into the app, into its menu (always from the main screen (talk, messenger, etc. - the screen listing all your contacts). You can select a ringtone for each apps notifications, including if you want the phone to vibrate.

If you don't set individual notifications, the phone will use the default ringtone/notification that is configured in the main settings for the device. The main setting also controls the ringtone for the phone as well as any alerts you might get.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones