1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

different notification sounds

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by opeets, Dec 21, 2011.

1. opeets

opeets Member

On my Gnex I don't see an option to set my notification settings for different types of events. I would like unique notification for email, sms, and calendar event alarm. If I'm busy at work I don't want to have to look at my phone every time I get an email, only when I need an appt reminder.

What's more confusing is that I use Nudnik because I need a nag-type app like my BB had. The Google calendar alone just doesn't cut it. Nudnik has its own alert notification settings. I can't tell who's in charge?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. pool_shark

pool_shark Android Expert

The settings are within the apps.

3. Tim K

Tim K Android Expert

As pool_shark said, each app has its own settings. Go into the app, into its menu (always from the main screen (talk, messenger, etc. - the screen listing all your contacts). You can select a ringtone for each apps notifications, including if you want the phone to vibrate.

If you don't set individual notifications, the phone will use the default ringtone/notification that is configured in the main settings for the device. The main setting also controls the ringtone for the phone as well as any alerts you might get.

4. Joe Schmuck

Joe Schmuck Member

The agent at my corp store said the next update will have better customization of notifications. Said it's up there with the signal strength of 4g/3g.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews