• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Diminished 3G Quality

Has 3G ever halted temporarily on your new X?

• Yes, Yes it has.

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No, No it hasn't.

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

ericnail

Android Enthusiast
Dec 27, 2009
Alpharetta, GA
I've loved my X; I've basically camped on it the last 24 hrs.

Anyway, I am having a slight - yet frustrating - issue. Sometimes when I'm using the browser, or more prominently, downloading an app, the 3G seems to come to a stand still for about 5-10 minutes (or until I restart the phone).

It can be very frustrating. Has anyone else noticed this problem? I was thinking maybe it was a hardware issue with my particular phone.

All the best,
Eric

I have experienced this on one or two occasions. I just figured it was due to the high volume of new Droid X owners creating heavy traffic on the 3G network.

I'm sure there were thousands, if not millions, of people going to town on their new phones. :)

That too crossed my mind, but then I downloaded the "speedtest.net" app and sure enough, the network was doing fine during it's peak hours.

you can always tell early in the morning all the business people are out checking emails and such so the network slows for an hour or two, but this wasn't the case :/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones