• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help DInc2 dropping Bluetooth

josephdmcc

Lurker
Jul 22, 2011
After pairing my new DInc2 to my Prius successfully some calls were fine but some, right in the middle of the call, would suddenly not come through the car audio system, as if Bluetooth had temporarily disconnected. Once the call was over everything was fine and I could make or take calls hands-free without doing any reconnecting or anything. This does not happen on all calls, but sometimes I hear two beeps and then a couple seconds later the sound is only coming through the phone , not the car. Cold my NAV or a text message be causing interference?

This never happened with my original DInc.

Any help would REALLY be appreciated, as I am in the car all day and must have hands-free.

It may have to do with the orientation of the DINC2 and your car's BT antenna. My DINC2 had less than stellar connections with a BlueAnt Q2 headset on phone calls and was even worse when playing back MP3 (yeah, yeah, yeah - MP3's through a phone headset isn't a great audio experience, ever). I use a belt clip with a vertical holster. As soon as I turned the holster to a horizontal carry, the connection to the Q2 improved markedly, and I could listen to three Bob Marley albums (Exodus, Dank Buds, and Live) without a problem, where before calls would break up and I couldn't get through a single track without losing the audio. AFAIK, the only change was how the DINC2 was oriented. Try twisting and turning the DINC2 in your Prius to see if that cures the problem.

Upvote 0
I believe its due to the Gingerbread update. Check to see what version of software you have if its 2.3 (Gingerbread) this would be the culprit.....happens to me as well. I've made verizon aware of the problem who in turn is supposed to file a trouble ticket, or something, with HTC making them aware of the issue as well.
Also, Verizon is sending me out a wired headset (with mic) ($29.99) free of charge because of the issue.....you might ask for one as well. Maybe if we can get the word to Verizon and HTC, a software update can be worked on a little faster. Keep me informed please as ill do the same.

Upvote 0
Two thoughts... any hope of trying another BT headset? My BlueAnt, for example, works 100% with GB. Agreed that any good BT headset should work but... eh, clearly that's not happening.

Second thought: try contacting HTC directly. Yes, it helps to have VZW bugging HTC about the problem, but HTC does answer the phone. I've talked to folks there who clearly knew what they were doing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones