• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Disable sound notifications for Gmail?

DDave

Nov 17, 2009
Can you turn off the sound notifications for Gmail only?

When I go into the settings for GMAIL, all I see are different ringtones. Usually there is a "none" in there. But dont see that now.

So, it appears its a ALL or NOTHING for notifications.

Please let me know if you've found where to make these changes.

Thanks,

Gmail > [menu key] > Settings > under "Account settings" tap your account entry > scroll to "Notification settings". I want notifications to appear in the notification bar, but them to be silent without vibration, so I have checked "Email notifications". Then tap "Labels to notify" and customize ringtones (including silent) and vibration options. For me, that is Silent and Never.

Upvote 0
Gmail > [menu key] > Settings > under "Account settings" tap your account entry > scroll to "Notification settings". I want notifications to appear in the notification bar, but them to be silent without vibration, so I have checked "Email notifications". Then tap "Labels to notify" and customize ringtones (including silent) and vibration options. For me, that is Silent and Never.

PERFECT answer... Thanks for the tip. That's what I was looking for.

Upvote 0
OK - this is how to keep notifications for text messages and turn it off for GMail. I found it on another forum. Finally!!!!!

inside Gmail app, go to settings, Click on account, Go to the bottom. Labels to notify. Click on that. Then click on inbox, It will give you options for the inbox. Took me a minute to find it as well, I was saying to myself, "No way they removed this"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones