• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disabled Tethering on Coolpad Catalyst /w Family Mobile?

Laqqy

Lurker
Oct 3, 2017
My coolpad catalyst phone from walmart has been my main source of internet for a while, pretty much since March this year. I've used it to tether onto the same computer. (and no other computers other than my school computer, which is a chromebook) Last month my provider, Family Mobile added an unlimited high speed data plan (basically 2000GB of 4G LTE) and i've been using it since. But when i renewed it this month, i couldnt tether, USB or bluetooth. I've tried it in many places besides my house and school, so location is not an issue which is what i had thought. My phone is NOT rooted, and i have not changed any settings other than factory resetting it. I am planning on rooting to try and get things working but i wanted to see if anyone knew anything that i could do before that. I can provide any information needed but i REALLY need this for school and other things. Thanks :)

Apparently tly it's happening to everyone with the unlimited plan with not being able to tether now with any devices. I use a chromebook as well when I'm working and this is entirely unacceptable... Family mobile just keep downgrading. Gonna have to look for another provider. Maybe the lower data tiers other than "unlimited" allows it....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones