• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Disabling OTA on rooted phone

JoeSchmoe007

Mar 8, 2011
I have rooted DInc with 2.2 OS. I have CWM installed (not the latest version). I want to disable OTA update but can't find definitive instruction for DInc. From reading about the other phones I think if I rename or move following files (found in /system/app):

Updater.apk
Updater.odex

then it should disable OTA.

Can anyone confirm that? Thanks.

I remember something about editing the build.prop file and changing the version number to the newest version... but that was about a year ago (when they released the maintenance update for Froyo) and I don't remember for sure. Maybe someone else does, or maybe you can find it somewhere in this forum. I read it here to disable the nag for the maintenance update.

EDIT: found it. Thanks iowabowtech.
http://androidforums.com/incredible...got-ota-nag-while-custom-rom.html#post1864914

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones