• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Disappointed with battery life so far

Caleo

Mar 18, 2012
Coming from a Motorola triumph which reportedly has WORSE battery life.. I was getting ~2 days on a single charge (3g/sync on, minimal amount things running in the background).

With a very similar setup on my Optimus V, my battery has been draining at what seems to be a higher rate in standby. Signal is OK (though not fantastic), the phone's not staying awake constantly, really there doesn't seem to be anything to make it drain as fast as it is.

I'm at home much of the time. Would enabling wifi help prolong my battery (does the phone's 3g turn off when wifi is connected?)?

Yes 3g does disconnect when you connect to a wifi network. I do find when I am at home where I barely get 1 bar that if I turn 3g off or leave my wifi connected I do get better battery. It takes less power to have phone connected to a strong wifi signal than trying to pull in a weak 3g signal. Now turning wifi on and not connecting to a router will drain battery faster that 3g alone.

If you just flashed the rom give it a few days before worrying to much about battery. Between the phone creating caches and such and you tweaking everything to your liking it will eat alot of battery. I get about 1.5 days on a charge

Upvote 0
I was on Harmonia 2 overnight and switched (back) to BACKside

You can prolong your battery life by turning off 3G/Wifi (in other words, having neither of them on) when you are not surfing the net. You do not need either of them enabled to get text messages or phone calls. ;)

I keep mine off unless I need it, and I've gotten up to 4 days on a full charge.

screenshot-1335840142024.png

Edit: I doubt that was a Harmonia issue. Could of been any number of installed apps crashing, your battery overheating (it will turn the phone off to protect itself from damage), or it could of been a bad flash.

Upvote 0
I've started using Tasker to turn the 3G on and off for only the apps that need it. I'm hoping this will help w/ battery life. I also have it set to turn off the 3G when the screen shuts off.

I've been using Harmonia 2 and have noticed the battery seems to charge more quickly than w the stock ROM. I also have a lot more internal storage. I'm liking it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones