• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 to that ^^.

Those things get heavy use, and often intentional abuse by customers. The floor monkeys don't have time to go around to each device and do routine maintenance, so they load up, and they load up fast.

[edit]: Incidentally, I played with the Bionic this morning in the store here in town (the whole crew in there had black and red Bionic shirts on). I found it to be quite the monster as far as size and overall beauty.. very nice. I decided against it after a bit of thought though.. I could not justify getting it when in my pocket is a Droid 3 that is another monster as far as speed and many other things.. so, maybe the Prime will pull me away from my present phone; the Bionic did not.

Upvote 0
Thank goodness that this is an opinion/gripe. :rolleyes: Why come in here and complain about a phone that so many are looking for? We've heard our fair share(if not more than enough) of complaining about this and that with the Bionic. Got an idea, if you don't like it, don't buy it. Seems like a pretty simple idea to me. I understand your gripes and complaints though, I don't like the bloatware either but who does so that doesn't even need to be said. The rest, well, same stuff we've been hearing from all the other non Bionic adopters. Personally, I'd appreciate if the negativity would just disappear from people who don't even own the darn phone. Now if you own one, then that's understandable that you have a gripe seeing as how you paid a premium for a device that isn't doing what you want or expect it do. But complaining about something you saw in a store that tons of others have already played with is a bit far fetched. It's like complaining about a hooker who's to loose for your liking. Either get a bigger tool or move on cause she ain't gonna get any tighter after all them other guys have "pressed" her
I wouldn't call it complaining or griping. Its an opinion and I for one appreciate it as I am here looking for info good and bad on a new phone. Thanks to the OP.

Upvote 0
Played around with it today for about 10 minutes. It's a nice phone, no lag except in a few places, though very minimal. There were a few glitches I ran into. One being after I typed a word in portrait mode, I switched to landscape and it would no longer type without having to re-click into the typing box.

Though it is a nice phone, I can't say I'm very impressed. I think I'll be waiting for the Vigor or Verizon's variation of Samsung GSII. Maybe the Prime if if actually comes.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't call it complaining or griping. Its an opinion and I for one appreciate it as I am here looking for info good and bad on a new phone. Thanks to the OP.

Everything is an opinion to a particular point.

I know my complaints are nothing new with VZW and Moto but here it goes anyways,

This instantly makes it a gripe/complaint. When one voices their opinion time and time again about the exact same thing, it goes from an opinion to a person crying and not getting their way, ie. gripe, complain.

Upvote 0
I don't really understand what the OP expected. The single core 1 ghz phones set a standard for what phones could do with their efficiency. To expect a dual core phone to be more than an upgrade is ridiculous in my opinion since these phones run the same version of android as the single core phones. I had an Evo before this and and all I can say is that this phone improves on two things, screen and network. Every thing else I did on my Evo I can do on this at a more efficient rate. This phone is good enough for me. What more can ICS really add that these phones cannot do already? I don't know...

What I do know is that with root this phone will be one of the best LTE dual-core on the market for a while.

Upvote 0
Played around with it today for about 10 minutes. It's a nice phone, no lag except in a few places, though very minimal. There were a few glitches I ran into. One being after I typed a word in portrait mode, I switched to landscape and it would no longer type without having to re-click into the typing box.

Though it is a nice phone, I can't say I'm very impressed. I think I'll be waiting for the Vigor or Verizon's variation of Samsung GSII. Maybe the Prime if if actually comes.

My DX has always done this so it's not new to me at least and I don't see it as a glitch. If it's a glitch then I'm just used to it now and maybe it's my fault for never asking if anyone else was having the same issue. lol

Upvote 0
Seems like an effort to start a gripe thread for some reason. I'm very happy with mine so far and see no lag and no issues, except that it's charging slowly.
Screen is awesome (yes, I can see the pixelation if I really, really try), calls sound great, very fast.

"The form factor is basically non-existent an unimaginative". Hahahahaha! Please, there's so little difference between the design of any two handsets on earth I find this argument invalid. Hand sized rectanglish. Glass on front, battery on back. Big deal.

Reactions: BlueBiker
Upvote 0
Yeah.. the productive nature of this thread is gradually giving way to bickering.

Let's leave it be now that some venting has been done, and let the Support threads bear the burdens of real issues with the device.

276415832.png

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones