• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disconnecting a few seconds on screen unlock

dixcie

Lurker
Sep 29, 2011
Dear,

My phone: I run CM7 on my Wildfire. As GPS didn't work I flashed the latest radio, which solved that GPS problem.

The issue now: when I unlock my screen, my GSM/3G/EDGE/HSPA connectivity is completely lost (icon with little cross). However, a 5-10 seconds later, it is recovered. Seems like connectivity is still there whole the time screen is locked. Happens everywhere, even if 4/4 connectivity. When I (or someone else) call myself at that very moment, my answering machine answers the call immediately. Moreover, my mobile data connection is lost and I have to wait for 30 seconds for a new connection (when connectivity recovered + connection time). No problems with wifi at all btw.

So is this a new issue (I didn't find anything googling about the issue)? Do you know how to solve it? (And I'd like to avoid a hard reset...)

Thanks in advance,

Dixcie

Dear,

My phone: I run CM7 on my Wildfire. As GPS didn't work I flashed the latest radio, which solved that GPS problem.

The issue now: when I unlock my screen, my GSM/3G/EDGE/HSPA connectivity is completely lost (icon with little cross). However, a 5-10 seconds later, it is recovered. Seems like connectivity is still there whole the time screen is locked. Happens everywhere, even if 4/4 connectivity. When I (or someone else) call myself at that very moment, my answering machine answers the call immediately. Moreover, my mobile data connection is lost and I have to wait for 30 seconds for a new connection (when connectivity recovered + connection time). No problems with wifi at all btw.

So is this a new issue (I didn't find anything googling about the issue)? Do you know how to solve it? (And I'd like to avoid a hard reset...)

Thanks in advance,

Dixcie

Did this problem start as soon as you flashed CyanogenMod?
I used CyanogenMod last month for like 10 mins, it kept on restarting itself and acting weirdly, went back to my Wildpuzzle ROM, now using my Sensation ROM, liking it alot :D

Basically i think its the ROM not your fault

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply! I was just about to reply when I found out that it was a problem caused by CPU Tuner. I guess a bug, which caused my phone to disconnect a few seconds any time it switched into a mode disabling 3G ("only 2G"). So I changed that very setting. Very weird, but I think this issue is solved now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones