• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dish Sling Adapter

tcat007

Android Expert
Jan 31, 2011
Texas
I just wanted to post to anyone on Dish. You can buy a Sling adapter for $99, and get a $99 gift card in 6-8 weeks (so free if you have the dough). I ordered one 2 days ago, got it today, plugged it in, rebooted my VIP722, and get a great picture on my PC, and a very good picture on my Optimus-V.

I do have a fast cable connection (17.7d/1up Mbps on PC; 5.9/1 on phone). On the PC could do HD with great picture. On phone could do "standard or high quality", not a lot of difference on a 3" display, standard looks MUCH better than Netflix on the phone. Looked the same as Netflix on a PC, but does take longer to load and change things. Will try a 3G connection tomorrow, I don't expect much.

I can access all content on my VIP722 and its Ext HD, or watch any live TV show. Pretty amazing! Guess it's about time to go looking at 7" or 10" tablets, this 3" screen ain't going to cut it!

Reactions: ropot

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones