• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Divx Videos Won't Play In New SD Card!

Ph33zy

Oct 5, 2010
I just upgraded my SanDisk 8GB Class 4 card to a SanDisk 16GB Class 2 card and now my Divx videos won't show up in the the stock Video Player. On top of that, if I try to open the video file from Astro File Manager, Video player quits and says it cannot play the file.

If I pop back in my 8GB disk, everything plays as butter and the gallery in my stock player recognizes all my videos on my SD card. I literally just copied everything from 8GB card to my 16GB (after formatting of course). Can anyone help me out! I have my phone setup perfectly and am trying to avoid a wipe.

BTW, I'm running Fresh 3.3.0.1 with Kings Kernal #11.

I just upgraded my SanDisk 8GB Class 4 card to a SanDisk 16GB Class 2 card and now my Divx videos won't show up in the the stock Video Player. On top of that, if I try to open the video file from Astro File Manager, Video player quits and says it cannot play the file.

If I pop back in my 8GB disk, everything plays as butter and the gallery in my stock player recognizes all my videos on my SD card. I literally just copied everything from 8GB card to my 16GB (after formatting of course). Can anyone help me out! I have my phone setup perfectly and am trying to avoid a wipe.

BTW, I'm running Fresh 3.3.0.1 with Kings Kernal #11.

I am going to try and list several Fix Attempts for you to try.

FIX 1) Inset the card, remove the card. Try it. No go? Do it again.

FIX 2) Format the card using the Android Device.

FIX 3) Format the card using N95 on a PC. (will lose all information on the card)

FIX 4) The card it faulty. Have read some have had problems with these type of cards because of the sheer power/space. Had a guy with his Desire, had to return and get a new replacement card, which worked fine. (5 year Warranty)

You may even try a 32 GIG. But not sure if the EVO is compatible with it off the top of my head.

Upvote 0
I am going to try and list several Fix Attempts for you to try.

FIX 1) Inset the card, remove the card. Try it. No go? Do it again.

FIX 2) Format the card using the Android Device.

FIX 3) Format the card using N95 on a PC. (will lose all information on the card)

FIX 4) The card it faulty. Have read some have had problems with these type of cards because of the sheer power/space. Had a guy with his Desire, had to return and get a new replacement card, which worked fine. (5 year Warranty)

You may even try a 32 GIG. But not sure if the EVO is compatible with it off the top of my head.

I just ended up reflashing my ROM and everything seems to work...oh well..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones