• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root DL30 Touchwiz Froyo at xda

Upvote 0
As a newbie to the root crowd is there a step by step instruction to get this loaded. I checked out the How to Root posting but honestly its confusing as it looks to be so many choices I don't know where to begin. Basically I just want to put 2.2 on a standard build. I've been holding off jumping into the root game as this is my first smartphone, I am in Verizon country and was holding out for the Iphone, glad I didn't wait :) Being my first smartphone I've been just tinkering along and enjoying it for what it is. Now I want to make it my own so I guess rooting is the next step in the evolution of ownership.

Upvote 0
As a newbie to the root crowd is there a step by step instruction to get this loaded. I checked out the How to Root posting but honestly its confusing as it looks to be so many choices I don't know where to begin. Basically I just want to put 2.2 on a standard build. I've been holding off jumping into the root game as this is my first smartphone, I am in Verizon country and was holding out for the Iphone, glad I didn't wait :) Being my first smartphone I've been just tinkering along and enjoying it for what it is. Now I want to make it my own so I guess rooting is the next step in the evolution of ownership.

to get to 2.2 from stock dl09 or whatever

1. root
2. download cwr
3. flash cwr in odin and rom manager
4. download froyo and froyo cwr..put them on your sdcard
5. boot into cwr, flash new cwr, then the rom...wipe data/cache before rebooting....
6. reboot
7. enjoy (oh you will loose data obviously, so you might want to consider backing up apps and app data with titanium backup)

Upvote 0
you can set the search widget to google or yahoo if you dont want bing...the browser bar will still default to bing, but i had pulled the browser from the first nonvzw leak and im using that anyway

Good info, thanks. I'm still going to hold off on installing this until it's beat up some more by the community. However this has been a long time coming!

Upvote 0
So to get 2.2, we have to get the new cwr then flash that in our current cwr, then d/l 2.2 and flash that and its done?

just make sure to have the new cwr and froyo downloaded to flash back to back in cwr...doesnt matter which is first...just dont flash froyo and reboot unless you have new cwr flashed....imnuts packaged them together for simplicity:

http://goo.gl/yXkHF all credit to him on that

Reactions: lasportsfan
Upvote 0
snap20110201_114328.png

Upvote 0
Quick question. So this leak uses the DL09 radio right? My only gripe with the Fascinate is that i get pretty bad reception in areas that i used to have no problems with my blackberry. A couple guys at work also bought the Fascinate after i did, and they get 3-4 bars consistently whereas i get just 1-2 bars (and my Cell Standby-Time without a signal percentage is in the 70% range while theirs is about 5%).

I'm pretty convinced it's a hardware thing, but I'd be interested in hearing back if people are noticing improved reception with Froyo.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones