• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DNA first impressions

Need to get a wireless charger for sure! Hate prying that darn thing open
If you're absolutely 110% certain you're going to be keeping the phone just cut it off or pull it out. Right now not sure what will provide the cleanest look but once I decide for sure this is a keeper I'm pretty sure that jackass cover is going bye bye.

Upvote 0
The build on this thing is unreal. The screen is also incredible. I'm sending this from my 6 month old Macbook Pro. This is the first I've used the computer since getting the DNA and I immediately noticed how much worse. This screen is compared to the DNA. I've also had the phone unplugged since 7am and using it heavily since around 10am. Battery just dropped below 50%. I'm very pleased with that. That was a big concern as I am coming from the iP4.

HTC did a great job putting such a large screen in a small package (considering the size of the screen), but I'm still having reservations on the size of the device. I used the iP4 as my main music source, particularly in the gym and I'm not confident this will be good for that use. I really, really want to get used to the DNA because the screen is amazing, the build quality is top notch, and it runs buttery smooth. If you aren't concerned about size (insert joke), I would absolutely recommend this phone. FYI, I used to have the Droid X so I am familiar with the Android ecosystem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones