• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

dnla media sreaming nightmare please advise

gotschp

Lurker
Feb 12, 2012
I have two inspire ATT phones I'm am attempting to broadcast a local connection from my gf phone that my ps3 and my inspire can connect to in order to sharemedia wirelessly with twonky the problem I am having is once my phone connects to my gf local network (that isn't broadcasting internet due to my lack of 5gig tether plan)I can no longer access my carrier network on my phone to reach internet media I am trying to stream. Also I have no internet connection other then on my phone however I do have a pc any help would be wonderful I have been trollin forums ATT sites and HTC sites and can't find any answer anywhere the theory in my head is that my phone should connect to my girlsbut access my carrier network only on my phone then connect ps3 to the LAN my girlsfone.is broadcating then access internet on my phone and beam videos.with twonky

WOW that is a mouth full! I have a dlna app on my Droid 2 and the AllShare app on my Droid Charge and can stream between the two phones, or the phones and the computer.

""I'm am attempting to broadcast a local connection from my gf phone that my ps3 and my inspire can connect to in order to sharemedia wirelessly""
So on her phone you must hit the Share Media button which will only share what is on her phone to the ps3 and your phone. On your phone you have to hit the "play media" and and then choose her phone which will give you access to media on her phone.

""the problem I am having is once my phone connects to my gf local network (that isn't broadcasting internet due to my lack of 5gig tether plan)I can no longer access my carrier network on my phone to reach internet media I am trying to stream.""
Her phone is only sharing what is on it, not what is on the WEB. If you hit the back on her phone and go onto web she can download a video and share it with you after download but not live.

""the theory in my head is that my phone should connect to my girlsbut access my carrier network only on my phone then connect ps3 to the LAN my girlsfone.is broadcating then access internet on my phone and beam videos.with twonky""
Again, not live streaming, you first must record the video from a source to a file on the phone or the computer in order to stream it over the DLNA system.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones