• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Do I Need To Backup?

JustROLLIN

Dec 5, 2009
This may be a total noob question, but why would I even need to backup my phone? All of the programs I have downloaded have been free and my contacts could just be loaded through Google if they were ever to be erased.... If I am missing something, please let me know. I just dont see any reason to do it, but at the same time, its the talk of the town on the boards. Thanks in advance!

This may be a total noob question, but why would I even need to backup my phone? All of the programs I have downloaded have been free and my contacts could just be loaded through Google if they were ever to be erased.... If I am missing something, please let me know. I just dont see any reason to do it, but at the same time, its the talk of the town on the boards. Thanks in advance!

you can backup your sd card.. there have been a few reports of them getting erased.

free apps can always be re-downloaded... paid apps are remembered by your gmail account.

sms's can be backed up using 3rd party apps....

there are several threads relating to backing up droid info/apps.. do some searching and you'll find more than you need to know! :D

Upvote 0
you can backup your sd card.. there have been a few reports of them getting erased.

free apps can always be re-downloaded... paid apps are remembered by your gmail account.

sms's can be backed up using 3rd party apps....

there are several threads relating to backing up droid info/apps.. do some searching and you'll find more than you need to know! :D

OK. Sounds like it would not be all that important then. I dont have much media on the SD card at this point. Thanks for the help!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones