• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do Not Disturb mode - reduced functionality after update

Would you rather:

• Go through another Android update.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Or, slap your grandma and beg forgiveness.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
This might seem like a relatively small gripe, but it's killing my productivity. Let me explain.

Seems to be a common thread - unsuspecting M9 user clicks 'yes' to Android 6 update, loses more hair from resulting changes.

The single most important feature removed during the update was the option to select 'until next alarm' on the do not disturb/alarm setting. Now every drunk hipster friend of mine "sharing" their elated mindset through texts while at the strip club comes through while my productive rear-end tries to sleep. (Tries being the key word.) Instead of fiddling with the DND mode (i.e. failing), I haven't used it in a week. Boy, have I paid for it.

Before I get quick, mindless quips from people in the know, I can assure you I still have the on/off functionality of the DND mode. However, when I turn it on indefinitely, I assuredly forget to turn it off and miss important calls in the morning. Furthermore, the times I sleep varies drastically, anywhere from a half hour to 6 hours daily. Changing this option manually becomes a bit of a nuisance, especially since I just had an option that fit the bill perfectly.

Android - who gives a kid a piece of candy then takes it away? You do, Android. You do.

Again, this seems like small potatoes, I completely understand. But is anyone else feeling the pain? Furthermore, is there a way to lodge a complaint directly with the developers to bring this back?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones