1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Do you miss the missing dedicated search button??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by taylormah, May 17, 2011.

1. taylormah

taylormah Well-Known Member

While I don't really ever use it directly, I still like the dedicated search button for it allows me to save my home button functionality while using apps like PowerStrip. I can use press-n-hold on search button to bring up some apps which otherwise would have used my home button. I heard that on original GSI, you could press and hold menu key to do what a tap on search button would have done, but is it functionality still present in GSII? While I am hoping US version would come with all four buttons, as they did with GSI versions, but can you still emulate press and press-n-hold of search button on GSII? Do you really miss the search button for anything?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Android Expert

Long press the menu key brings up search in both the SGSI and SGSII (I have both).

I don't miss a dedicated button at all, I never used it on my Desire even though it had one...

Ih4teKies likes this.
  3. pwannell

pwannell Member

Press and hold the menu button brings up the search function

4. benald

benald Newbie

This has been bugging me for a while now. Really got used to the dedicated search button on my old desire, and was missing it on my SGSII, Thanks for revealing this little trick all is ok again.

5. daemolition

daemolition Newbie

No, I do not. I don't think I ever used the search button on my Desire. Some people use it but I never had to.

6. KING LUFF

KING LUFF Well-Known Member

I missed the button until i found this thread! thanks

7. tauran121

tauran121 Well-Known Member

ditto
    didn't even use it until i saw this thread.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews