• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

docx to doc converter app

Upvote 0
why it is not in android market ?
Because it's still public beta testing (ie. could be unstable or cause issues). It's already on the fourth revision. This beta will expire at the end of May.

How do I install .apk file ?
What phone do you have? On GNote, I need to ensure 'Unknown sources' is checked in Settings>Applications. This allows installation of non-market apps.

If you do not have this, then you will need to look at this:
Sideload Android apps all you want with the Sideload Wonder Machine | Android Central

I see you have ...

TextMaker
PlanMaker
SoftMaker Presentations

could you please tell what PlanMaker and SoftMaker Presentations do ?

TextMaker = MS Word
PlanMaker = MS Excel
Presentations = MS Powerpoint

Basically an Mobile Office Suite like Docs2Go, Quickoffice Pro, etc.

HTH.

Upvote 0
Because it's still public beta testing (ie. could be unstable or cause issues). It's already on the fourth revision. This beta will expire at the end of May.

What phone do you have? On GNote, I need to ensure 'Unknown sources' is checked in Settings>Applications. This allows installation of non-market apps.

If you do not have this, then you will need to look at this:
Sideload Android apps all you want with the Sideload Wonder Machine | Android Central

TextMaker = MS Word
PlanMaker = MS Excel
Presentations = MS Powerpoint

Basically an Mobile Office Suite like Docs2Go, Quickoffice Pro, etc.

HTH.

FEEDBACK

I have tested your beta version . This does not work in samsung galaxy y.

This could not open .docx file. Could you please fix this issue ?

thanks for your time.

Upvote 0
FEEDBACK

I have tested your beta version . This does not work in samsung galaxy y.

This could not open .docx file. Could you please fix this issue ?

thanks for your time.

I'm not the developer. I'm a beta user like yourself. If you want to report bugs/feedback use their forums. Sorry, should have posted this also:

SoftMaker.com • View forum - SoftMaker Office Mobile 2012 for Android (public beta)

They might need to see your docx file to figure out what the issue might be. Also help them by being as descriptive as you can on what the problem actually is. Unfortunately, it's a beta program, so bugs of this sort will happen. They are still trying to polish the product before general release.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones