• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Does 4G turned on suck battery if you don't have 4g in your area?

Vance

Android Enthusiast
Oct 28, 2009
We don't have 4G, but I am worried that it might be pinging something constantly looking for it. Should I be worried about that? I have LTE OnOff, but I have had a couple of problems getting texts and calls when it is not in the default mode.

We don't have 4G, but I am worried that it might be pinging something constantly looking for it. Should I be worried about that? I have LTE OnOff, but I have had a couple of problems getting texts and calls when it is not in the default mode.
which setting do you have it on now that dont allow you to receive texts and calls.

Having the 4g on will make the phone radio look for the 4g signal.

Upvote 0
I had it on CMDA auto (PRL). It was working for a while then just a bit ago my wife was calling and she couldn't hear me, and she said she sent a text that I didn't get. It may be that there was something else wrong. Maybe I will go back and reset it to that setting and do some testing.

Upvote 0
I had it on CMDA auto (PRL). It was working for a while then just a bit ago my wife was calling and she couldn't hear me, and she said she sent a text that I didn't get. It may be that there was something else wrong. Maybe I will go back and reset it to that setting and do some testing.
Yeah hard to say as I have used the cmda auto with no problems. Could of been coincidence

Upvote 0
Yes, my battery is pretty decent now, but I had to configure things a bit more conservatively, with less frequent syncing, no live wallpapers, passive widgets only, etc. I can go a whole day sometimes.

Gregory, thanks for that information, it is very useful. I retried the app and it seems to work fine now, but if there is a problem again, I will use that code.

Upvote 0
This is the thing though we shouldnt have to do this just to get battery life. I bought the phone so that I can enjoy the widgets and the Live wallpapers that my iphone couldnt get. Sorry, just getting frustrated with this phone. I love the speed and really everything but the keyboard which is fine, well and maybe the screen, but those are things I can look past. The battery life though is something that I cant ignore. I may be going back to the iphone (worse case since I love being back to android) or going the charge route.

Upvote 0
As for the keyboard, I love my Swiftkey!

I agree that we should just expect the battery to work normally, and it IS a drawback. But, when you view the overall pros and cons, you still end up with the TB in my opinion. See my recent post on why I bought the TB and why I still would.

I have an iPod Touch and an iPad (my daughters), and I just can't stand iOS after having an Android phone! :0)

Upvote 0
This is the thing though we shouldnt have to do this just to get battery life. I bought the phone so that I can enjoy the widgets and the Live wallpapers that my iphone couldnt get. Sorry, just getting frustrated with this phone. I love the speed and really everything but the keyboard which is fine, well and maybe the screen, but those are things I can look past. The battery life though is something that I cant ignore. I may be going back to the iphone (worse case since I love being back to android) or going the charge route.

That is exactly why I switched to the charge. I wanted a phone that I could actually use the features and not baby it. Love the light weight, gorgeous screen and fantastic battery life. I can even enjoy live wallpapers !

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones