• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does NDS or/and N64 work on the Asus EEE pad transformer?

i just got my tf to replace my dead laptops and to bring a screen / tv to my bedroom and on the road. i am really enjoying it despite some of the downsides: no native steaming from lan, lack of input languages, and slow in browsing/typing. i am going to test emulators and more games right no. btw, once the streaming is working correctly my buy was more then worth it. typed from my tf

I don't know what you are talking about :D [disregard the edit status at the bottom of this post.]

Reactions: Abiram26
Upvote 0
i just got my tf to replace my dead laptops and to bring a screen / tv to my bedroom and on the road. i am really enjoying it despite some of the downsides: no native steaming from lan, lack of input languages, and slow in browsing/typing. i am going to test emulators and more games right no. btw, once the streaming is working correctly my buy was more then worth it. typed from my tf

I don't know what you are talking about :D [disregard the edit status at the bottom of this post.]

LOL, bad joke -.- :D

When is the testing finished?

Upvote 0
Testing isn't complete yet, I have been really busy lately.
Super Nintendo Snes9x:
This emulator is amazing, everything runs smoothly. Even has built-in support for wiimote.
Nintendo 64 [N64oid]:
I was only able to test two games on this, but it ran pretty smooth. I think, Mario kart was a bit slow at times, but nothing really noticeable. No built-in support for wiimote or other bluetooth devices.
Playstation 1 FPse:
I didn't get to try this out except for the movie intro to FF7, but the sound was choppy and there seemed to be some movie lag. Though I didn't get to play around with the setting nor test anything out. So, I can't really concluded this as an official record.

Though, a word of advice having a controller even a wiimote is a must, if you are going to game at all on your TF. The on screen keys sucks compared to any kind of physical setup. You can also download the WiiMoteControl, and configure this through the operating system thus enabling this for emulators, like N64oid!

I've another question: - Is the tablet able to recharge mobile phones and search through its files?
Can I also recharge navigation system?
Please give Ups and Downs of the tablet:
UPS:
-?
-?
-?
DOWNS:
-?
-?
-?

Because I want to know everything for sure, before I buy the tablet. :D

Maybe through a dock, or some-kind-of-interface to female usb [If your phone supports that, that is.] By the way, Pros and Con list is the correct work usage you are looking for. :D

Upvote 0
Testing isn't complete yet, I have been really busy lately.
Super Nintendo Snes9x:
This emulator is amazing, everything runs smoothly. Even has built-in support for wiimote.
Nintendo 64 [N64oid]:
I was only able to test two games on this, but it ran pretty smooth. I think, Mario kart was a bit slow at times, but nothing really noticeable. No built-in support for wiimote or other bluetooth devices.
Playstation 1 FPse:
I didn't get to try this out except for the movie intro to FF7, but the sound was choppy and there seemed to be some movie lag. Though I didn't get to play around with the setting nor test anything out. So, I can't really concluded this as an official record.

Though, a word of advice having a controller even a wiimote is a must, if you are going to game at all on your TF. The on screen keys sucks compared to any kind of physical setup. You can also download the WiiMoteControl, and configure this through the operating system thus enabling this for emulators, like N64oid!

Maybe through a dock, or some-kind-of-interface to female usb [If your phone supports that, that is.] By the way, Pros and Con list is the correct work usage you are looking for. :D

Okay.
Are you going to test NDS? Nintendo DS. I think it would lag ALOT

Upvote 0
Okay thanks for the reply. I waited soo long for this answer.
But this is on the Asus TF? right?
And which one did you use- Nds4droid or TigerNDS?
And I know its slow, but I think they will fix that :D

Yes, w/ the dock.
TigerNDS- the game is a TINY little square in the upper-center part of the screen. So small I could barely make out what it was, and I couldn't find a way to make it reasonably bigger.

I wouldn't guarantee anything will be "fixed"- besides legal issues, the TF hardware was not meant to be running stuff like that.

Reactions: Abiram26
Upvote 0
It's a tablet, not a handheld. Look at the differences between it and the actual NDS.

DS:
3D-rendering: 120 000 polygons / sec
2D drawing: 30 000 000 dots / s
Mass: 275 grams (9.7 oz.)
Physical dimensions: 148.7 mm x 84.7 mm x 28.9 mm (5.85 in. x 3.33 in. x 1.13 in.)
Screens: Two 3-inch TFT LCDs, 18-bit depth (262,144 colors), resolution of 256 x 192 pixels, dimensions of 62 mm x 46 mm and 77 mm diagonal, and a dot pitch of 0.24 mm. The gap between the screens is approximately 21 mm, equivalent to about 92 "hidden" lines. The lowermost display of the Nintendo DS is overlaid with a resistive touchscreen, which registers pressure from one point on the screen at a time, averaging multiple points of contact if necessary.
CPUs: Two ARM processors, an ARM946E-S main CPU and ARM7TDMI coprocessor at clock speeds of 67 MHz and 33 MHz respectively. The ARM946E-S CPU processes gameplay mechanisms and video rendering while the ARM7TDMI processes sound output, Wi-Fi support and additionally, when in Game Boy Advance mode, processes what the other processor used to do.
RAM: 4 MB of mobile RAM, expandable via the Game Boy Advance slot (The expanded memory is officially only used by the Opera web browser.)
Voltage: 1.65 volts required.
Storage: 256 kB of serial flash memory.
Wireless: Built-in 802.11 Wireless Network Connection (802.11b compatible with WEP encryption support only).[

I found this on Wikipedia

The Asus TF looks WAY better than this! Only problem=emulate it
But e.g. Gameboy does emulate perfect.
Even on my 600mhz ARM phone with android! (never lags!)
Ive seen videos on youtube with Xoom running gameboy, while the Xoom is not a handheld!? What if the developer of Nds4droid or tigerNDS fixes and updates the app everytime so it will run?
- I saw a button with auto-brightness (on the dock) on it- how does it work?

The reason that I'm still asking questions is because of that the Asus TF w/ dock hasnt arrived in the Netherlands yet :(

Upvote 0
ds:
3d-rendering: 120 000 polygons / sec
2d drawing: 30 000 000 dots / s
mass: 275 grams (9.7 oz.)
physical dimensions: 148.7 mm x 84.7 mm x 28.9 mm (5.85 in. X 3.33 in. X 1.13 in.)
screens: two 3-inch tft lcds, 18-bit depth (262,144 colors), resolution of 256 x 192 pixels, dimensions of 62 mm x 46 mm and 77 mm diagonal, and a dot pitch of 0.24 mm. The gap between the screens is approximately 21 mm, equivalent to about 92 "hidden" lines. The lowermost display of the nintendo ds is overlaid with a resistive touchscreen, which registers pressure from one point on the screen at a time, averaging multiple points of contact if necessary.
cpus: two arm processors, an arm946e-s main cpu and arm7tdmi coprocessor at clock speeds of 67 mhz and 33 mhz respectively. The arm946e-s cpu processes gameplay mechanisms and video rendering while the arm7tdmi processes sound output, wi-fi support and additionally, when in game boy advance mode, processes what the other processor used to do.
ram: 4 mb of mobile ram, expandable via the game boy advance slot (the expanded memory is officially only used by the opera web browser.)
voltage: 1.65 volts required.
storage: 256 kb of serial flash memory.
wireless: built-in 802.11 wireless network connection (802.11b compatible with wep encryption support only).[

i found this on wikipedia

the asus tf looks way better than this! Only problem=emulate it
but e.g. Gameboy does emulate perfect.
Even on my 600mhz arm phone with android! (never lags!)
ive seen videos on youtube with xoom running gameboy, while the xoom is not a handheld!? What if the developer of nds4droid or tigernds fixes and updates the app everytime so it will run?
- i saw a button with auto-brightness (on the dock) on it- how does it work?

The reason that i'm still asking questions is because of that the asus tf w/ dock hasnt arrived in the netherlands yet :(

plz reply

Upvote 0
PLZ Reply post #43

And I've been to a shop which has the TF with dock.
The TF is only being sold. The dock is n't been selling yet.
Cause there is only one in the store.
:( So I've to wait another 3 days! :mad:
But you could also just use it in the shop, just how it feels and how it works.
I found it perfect. BUT why is the TF w/ dock so heavy in the back, compared to the front of the dock. Sry for my bad english -.-

Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones