• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does something like this exist?

I searched the forums some, and didn't find anything describing what I am wanting to do here.
First, I have no wi-fi here at work, but is there any way I can use my phones internet browser to surf the web, but have it displayed on my pc's monitor?
I have no issues with controling the browser with my phone, I'd just like to have it dispalyed on my monitor.
Thanks so much for your help.

Thanks.....I installed that at home last night.
I wasn't able to use my phones web browser to surf the net.
Also, when I came to work this morning, it was telling me there was no wi-fi connection. When I chose the USB tether, it was giving me an error saying "unable to establish wireless data connection. Please select update profile to correct this problem. if problem persists, please contact your mobile phone company."
I updated the profile, tried to turn on tethering, and get the same message.
Thanks again for your help.

Upvote 0
Have a look at AirDroid :)

Harry

F.Y.I. AirDroid isn't going to work if there's no WiFi. In fact it more or less says so in large letters on the site's homepage. "Wirelessly manage your Android devices from your favorite browser"

AirDroid-Enjoy your Android Experience over the air
Transfer files to and from your device via web browser.
Wireless operation via WiFi connection.

BTW I have WiFi at home, but just like the OP, I don't have WiFi at the office either. I wonder if there is a USB way of achieving the same result?

Reactions: Harry2
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones