• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does Sprint still charge the $10 "Premium" fee?

JohnJSal

Android Expert
Jun 17, 2010
I noticed on a recent commercial that their cheaper Everything plan is now $79.99, up from $69.99. Does this mean they simply raised the price and dropped the extra fee, so as not to confuse people (i.e. get more complaints)?

My plan is still listed as $69.99 with the $10 fee, so I'm wondering if maybe I can get them to drop the fee now, the argument being that I simply retain the $69.99 price because I had it before it was raised, and if no one else is paying a separate $10/month fee, I shouldn't be either.

Pretty sure its still 69 for the base plan and another 10 if you're using a smartphone. I think I've seen the commercials you're talking about and since its advertising smartphones they combine em... Totaling 79 bucks. Pry just to make it easier for the viewer.

I think you're right. The website lists the Everything Data plan at $69.99. Well, maybe I can still get them to waive it somehow, being a Premier Gold member and all. Plus my upgrade is coming up. I don't know...

Upvote 0
If they waive it, let me know.

Somehow I doubt they'll waive it. Even though they still insist that the fee isn't a 4g access fee even though only plans with phones that have 4g access are charged that extra $10 per month.

At least their advertising finally acknowledges the price of the plan with the fee. Last year most of us were surprised to find a $10 extra fee tacked onto our plans that wasn't explained in the clearest way.

IMHO they need the fee to improve their useless 4g network. It would be nice to be able to use 4g for steaming without it cutting off constantly.

Upvote 0
The only SMARTphone excluded from the 10$ fee is the Replenish

Forget about getting the 10$ fee waived....its Sprint way of combating going to tier data pricing and keeping things unlimited.

And since Sprint seems to be adding and retaining customers which mean they dont need to give away the store to keep customers with them any longer.

I suspect Sprint's going to play the Verizon and AT&T game of take it or leave it, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones