• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Does the Revolution have Gorilla Glass / Notification Lights / Unlocked Bootloader?

Haloman800

Aug 8, 2010
Do we know yet? LED Lights are the main thing for me.. That's why I passed on the charge. I'm so glad I did..

This'll be the perfect upgrade from my D1 !! I'd hold out for Dual Core, but I can't pass up 2 years of unlimited 4G when my city just got it!

EDIT: /Second gen Snapdragon processor like the TBolt?

It does have unlocked boot-loader for sure. Not sure about gorilla glass but I bet Rev has that too.

Unlocked bootloader means rooting is super easy and you can expect lots of custom roms for it with it completely de-binged.

Unlocked boot loaders generally draw developers because most of the work, getting the boot loader unlocked, is done. I am concerned however there is no forum for the revolution over at XDA...

Upvote 0
Unlocked bootloader means rooting is super easy and you can expect lots of custom roms for it with it completely de-binged.

Unlocked boot loaders generally draw developers because most of the work, getting the boot loader unlocked, is done. I am concerned however there is no forum for the revolution over at XDA...

I just dropped them a line asking them to add a forum for it here: XDA Contacts & Help | xda-developers , everyone please do the same, a forum at XDA will certainly bring some dev support for this thing.

Upvote 0
I just dropped them a line asking them to add a forum for it here: XDA Contacts & Help | xda-developers , everyone please do the same, a forum at XDA will certainly bring some dev support for this thing.

I already contacted them...

Most likely. We want to see some proof of development first.

Originally Posted by Haxcid
I just wondered if there was going to be a LG Revolution sub forum?

Thanks,

Upvote 0

Attachments

• revocapture.jpg
    revocapture.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 111
Upvote 0
So you are saying my picture is faked? Dude, what the heck? Just because it doesn't have it on the manual doesn't mean it isn't there. It's obviously there, i took a picture of it earlier.

Sorry, but your picture doesn't come up for me so I can't see what it is. No offense meant and I'll take your word for it. I was concerned because my wife's Vortex doesn't have an LED and I've definitely gotten used to them on the Moto Droids I've had. I've been studying the manual in anticipation of ordering one and since it was heavily discounted (even on opening day), I've got one coming. Best regards. - MarkC

Upvote 0
Sorry, but your picture doesn't come up for me so I can't see what it is. No offense meant and I'll take your word for it. I was concerned because my wife's Vortex doesn't have an LED and I've definitely gotten used to them on the Moto Droids I've had. I've been studying the manual in anticipation of ordering one and since it was heavily discounted (even on opening day), I've got one coming. Best regards. - MarkC

Oh, no worries, the picture is just a link to a pic on my twitpic. I hadnt seen anything about it either. But once i hear for sure that its unlocked, then i'll buy it.

Upvote 0
Confirm the LED is there, It can change from red, yellow, green, blue. The Charge did not have the function, I returned the Charge for the LG, but not for that reason. I thumped the three LTE glass screens side by side, the TB and Charge are confirmed to have Gorilla Glass, the thump was identical on all three, I am willing to bet LG Revo is Gorilla Glass, the VZW rep said it was... But we know that is not always gospel. I wish it was Super AMOLED like the Charge... Samsung has something great going on there, it does prolong battery life. So far I am impressed with the snappy LG Revo. I read LG does not care about locking the bootloader and seeing the root crowd is all over it kind of confirms this. So LG is listening to the Android Faithful, HTC is getting on board too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones