1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Does the Triumph work with Windows XP for USB data transfer?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by StygianBlack, Jul 18, 2011.

1. StygianBlack

StygianBlack Lurker
    None

Jul 18, 2011
    Prep Cook
    Columbus, Ohio
    Yes I know it's probably a stupid question. But I'm asking anyway because it would be just my luck if I went out and bought one only to get home and find out that I need something like Windows 7 to transfer music and podcasts from my computer on to the phone.

So what's the scoop? Is the Triumph XP friendly or what?

I'm not cool enough to have Windows 7 yet. Someday....

Also, has anybody listened to any music through headphones on the Triumph yet? And if so....how's the sound quality?

Advertisement

2. tcklord

tcklord Member
    None

Apr 11, 2011
    I can't say I have tried it as I don't have the phone but there are alternative ways of getting data on the phone. You can use drop box for example and wirelessly move over songs etc. I think it is free up to 2 gb of storage or something like that, but you could delete them after you moved them.

3. stef7

stef7 Android Expert
    None

Dec 29, 2010
    Male
    Systems Engineer
    Yes. I've tried it. You can connect the phone to your computer using a microUSB cable and transfer files. Then you'll have to "Turn on USB storage". At that point, the phone's microSD card will appear as a removable disk to WindowsXP.

4. kc3

kc3 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 6, 2011
    US
    I use drop box for all my file transfers, I hate having to plug my phone in, windows stupidly kept corrupting files, probably why I generally use linux lol

5. stef7

stef7 Android Expert
    None

Dec 29, 2010
    Male
    Systems Engineer
    Well, I prefer using the SwiFTP FTP server downloaded from the Market, and FileZilla client from the web for the PC. Other possibilities include MyPhoneExplorer (you have to open up your PC's firewall for the necessary ports), and probably Bluetooth file transfer. I have never had a file corruption issue due to USB transfers.

6. kc3

kc3 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 6, 2011
    US
    I never had one either but I transferred emulator saves onto my pc to play on there but windows kept saying the files were corrupted than sure enough they stopped working on my phone as well, I started using drop box and it works perfectly. Ever since I started using drop box I use it for all my transfers and app backups, it's just convenient.

7. StygianBlack

StygianBlack Lurker
    None

Jul 18, 2011
    Prep Cook
    Columbus, Ohio
    Hey everyone. Thanks for all the replies. It's good to know it will work and also that there are other options for data tranfer as well. I'll probalby have more questions later when I get my Triumph.

I actually went around to some stores today hoping to find it early but no luck.

Soon....very soon.

8. godsdragon

godsdragon Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 28, 2010
    Male
    Retired
    Florida
    You can find the triumph at Radio Shack. I think the rates are increasing by $5.00 each. It is interesting that they have the phone already at RS but not on VM main website...

9. lanceg

lanceg Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 7, 2011
    Just did it about 20 minutes ago, works fine