• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Does this make sense? Quadrant related question

Metfanant

Android Expert
Sep 23, 2010
So I know enough to know that Quadrant is far from a perfect benchmarking tool, and scores can be all over the place...but since installing ApeX 1.4 earlier today i've noticed something interesting, and im just curious if it makes sense...

I've only had two custom ROMS ever installed on my phone, Liberty, and ApeX...when i made the switch to Liberty, i noticed that my quadrant scores were generally higher on average than when i was on the stock rom...

but now that i have installed ApeX ive noticed something a little weird...while watching the screen running through the various tests i noticed that when Quadrant gets to the tests where it runs through the 2D and 3D graphics and shows you the FPS at the bottom of the screen that with ApeX my fps numbers are SIGNIFICANTLY higher than they were with Liberty...BUT it doesn't seem to translate into higher scores at the end of the test, in fact that are in between the numbers i saw stock, and with Liberty...

i was just curious if anyone knows anything that is inherently different between the two ROMS that might cause this??

I have a friend with his samsung vibrant getting super high scores but his phone was not able to do with my DX was doing. But, he was always talking smack about how fast is his phone...but he didn't have full flash because sammy took for ever to give them Froyo 2.2

So that score is pointless to me!! =D

Upvote 0
Oh I totally get that fellas...I was just wondering if there was a reason for the results...that's all
weird stuff can happen with it man ,,,i remember a while back a version of rubix (cant remember which one)that once ran quadrant would get very low scores but was a great rom so there is a perfect example that sometimes with some roms quadrant can do tricky things,,,,i am sorry if i came across as rude in my comment as that was certainly not my intentions,,,we are just saying not to worry too much thats all but as far as the issue you are having i certainly cant answer that for fact since i have not ran quadrant on apex:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones