• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does verizon match prices on their phones?

mwolf

Lurker
Dec 8, 2009
I've never been interested in verizon in the past, but I must have a droid now! I noticed that the droid is $119.99 on TigerDirect.com (w/ 2 yr contract) and the activation fee is waved, and I'm wondering if Verizon stores will match the price? Verizon is currently charging $199.99 and a $35 activation fee.

I will be going in to the Verizon store after work to try to get them to match the price and looking for some advice in the meantime. Has anyone had any luck getting them to match the price? Or, should I just order from tiger direct?

I called Verizon 2 days ago and asked them this question of matching and I was told no because those companies like Tiger buy in such bulk they can sale them at a discounted cost.

Did I believe it? Yes and No could happen...but I did try the promotions department and that`s what I was told.

Try it though,you might just get someone who can do more or who knows more than the guy I spoke with.

Best of luck

Upvote 0
When I signed up for my 2 person family plan, w/2-Droids, with the intention of adding FIOS TV to complete a VZ "tripple play", I asked if I could get the online discounted price. I also told the salesman that "I'd rather not have to go to BBuy to sign up". They only gave me (1) Droid for $199 (so I didn't have to mail in the rebate) and the 2nd for the $299.

While you may save a few bucks going online, one benefit of getting it local, is that if you have a problem, just take it to the store for replacement...as I did with one of them. Might be worth not having the down time wating for RMA process to complete.

Upvote 0
While you may save a few bucks going online, one benefit of getting it local, is that if you have a problem, just take it to the store for replacement...as I did with one of them. Might be worth not having the down time wating for RMA process to complete.[/quote]

I am with you on this one.If you do have trouble with the new phone bought off line and not from VZW then you would have to wait out the 30 days before you could take it into the VZW store and get a new one but after the 30 day period you can take it in and do so.That`s what the same fellow from VZW had stated.

Upvote 0
I just called my local store and they said they would do it for $150. I'm going to go this evening to find out for sure. It still isn't as good as a deal as tigerdirect or dell, but I can get it sooner and not have to worry about shipping and things like that. :)

I hear that!!!

Sounds good to get it right from VZW sooner.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones