• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Does your Tbolt drive straight?

markdoc

Android Expert
Jun 28, 2011
Suburb of New York City, NY, USA
Is it just me or is it my tbolt? Whenever I play any game that uses the position sensor, it's off kilter. To drive straight or aim straight, I have to hold the phone at approximately a 15 degree angle. I have calibrated the phone on a level surface numerous times. I even tried to calibrate it upright. :eek: Any clues? Is the same thing happening to anyone else?

There are a few things you can do to improve the accelerometer accuracy.

Install a compass app from Market, many have a calibration feature that helps with the compass accuracy, but also helps in general. The procedure usually involves moving the device in a figure 8, laying it down on a flat surface and rotating it, etc, very similar to what you say you've tried, but with specific directions.

Try that and see if it helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones