• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps "doesn't have access to C:/..."?

I'm using Eclipse with Java and it's not letting me have access to my computer(c:/...") for some reason...why is it doing this? I have windows xp home edition svp 3 and just recently rebooted it so it's no virus or anything and all settings are factory settings. I don't understand. This IDE is really confusing. JCreator was much simpler lol :( .

"cannot rename directory...please close all programs using the directory and turn off anti-virus or Windows Explorer" is pretty much what it said. For some reason, I've added the SDK components and packages API, but...when I go to create a new Android project...it says in red at the top "An SDK Target must be specified."! Wtf?! Here, I took some pictures....

IMAG0013.jpg

IMAG0014.jpg

IMAG0015.jpg

IMAG0016.jpg

IMAG0017.jpg

IMAG0018.jpg

IMAG0019.jpg

IMAG0020.jpg

IMAG0021.jpg

IMAG0022.jpg

Upvote 0
From your screenshots I can't see anything obviously wrong with your setup.

The problem you're having, as shown in your first screenshot is that that there are no build targets shown in the New Android Project dialog box.

That might be as simple as resizing the dialog box. If it's not tall enough then some parts get collapsed, which could be why you don't see any build targets.

People have had the same problem, and there's a discussion here:

http://androidforums.com/android-developers/11432-new-project-sdk-target-must-specified.html

Mark

p.s.
You might find it easier to take screenshots by pressing Alt and the PrtSc key. That records the current focused window, and you can paste the image into MS Paint, Word, etc.
That works for me on the Windows XP machine I use at work. And it should be easier than using a camera.

Reactions: Christophe2010
Upvote 0
Thanks to every for your assistance! I have fixed the problem! :D Ok, so I went into my PATH under environmental variables and noticed c:\android\tools; was there....this is what I obtained from the Eclipse post with all those pictures...you know...blah blah...basically I put in the wrong path variable when I was going off the forum post I thanked a while ago. I can't believe how stupid I feel...ugh. lol Thank you all for your time and effort, I know this was confusing and weird, but I'm glad I've resolved it. :D Thanks again, guys! <3

Upvote 0
From your screenshots I can't see anything obviously wrong with your setup.

The problem you're having, as shown in your first screenshot is that that there are no build targets shown in the New Android Project dialog box.

That might be as simple as resizing the dialog box. If it's not tall enough then some parts get collapsed, which could be why you don't see any build targets.

People have had the same problem, and there's a discussion here:

http://androidforums.com/android-developers/11432-new-project-sdk-target-must-specified.html

Mark

p.s.
You might find it easier to take screenshots by pressing Alt and the PrtSc key. That records the current focused window, and you can paste the image into MS Paint, Word, etc.
That works for me on the Windows XP machine I use at work. And it should be easier than using a camera.

pst...double thanks for the print screen tip! I would've never known...haha. And also, where do I access these screen prints?

Upvote 0
Alt-PrtSc puts an image of the current window in the copy/paste buffer. To see the result you have to paste it somewhere. You can paste into MS Paint, MS Word, Wordpad, and lots of other apps. Try it to find out what apps it works with.

If you press PrtSc on its own, without the Alt key, then it does the whole screen rather than the currently focused window.

More info here:

How to Take a Screenshot in Microsoft Windows - wikiHow

Mark

Reactions: Christophe2010
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones