• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Don't make a change in your account...unless you're unlimited across the board

rootabaga

Android Expert
Aug 11, 2014
Crazyville, CA
So my credit card was skimmed recently and I called VM to change the card for my regular monthly payment. The girl mentioned they were going to upgrade me to their current $45 plan which would add unlimited minutes (I was getting 900 minutes and not coming close) and upgrade my speed up to one GB. I didn't quite understand what she meant with the latter, but what it meant is that I have full speed up to 1GB, then throttled. I wasn't a big user, but used to run about 1.4-17 GB.

I hit their stupid new wall just under three weeks and then got throttled. Tried to dump the folder mentioned elsewhere, but it didn't help. I was being careful, too, only downloading updates or clips when I was on WiFi.

I'm going to hound them a bit and see what they'll do, otherwise I'll probably jump ship. Really, really unhappy with this change.

jump ship to boost, for $45 you get 5gb of data, and unlimited talk/text. It's like they are trying to kill virgin, considering for $55 the data gap becomes even wider with 3gb at virgin ($10 more for 2gb less?) and boost at 10gb, so for the same price you get 7gb more, that's quite the considerable amount.

Also if you sign up for the current 2gb for $30 deal you could save $15 plus double your data. quite insane really.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones