• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

double notification of SMS with Handcent- nothings working!

icuincolor

Mar 2, 2011
Hello-I have this issue with double icon in my notification bar, a handcent bubble and a white envelope. I have spent hours searching for the answer in multiple forums all pertaining to this issue, which seems to be rampant....and have found none that fixes it. Heres what I have done: turned off ALL notifications in standard settings...no fix. Even selected handcent as default SMS as suggested...no fix. I read if you have beautiful widgets installed it can hijack SMS and cause both handcent icon and white envelope, I uninstalled it...no fix. I have used actual icon not shortcut to handcent like suggested...no fix. Heres the funny, I re-selected the notifications in standard SMS then I got THREE notifications (one green bubble, one purple - which I customized, and one white envelope all within seconds of each other....) What the heck? I looked in the icons for handcent and this envelope matches one in the glossary but it is NOT selected, obviously is a hancent issue but I am so annoyed with not being able to find the answer and getting double dinged wen a msg comes in. Has anyone found the answer?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones