• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

double notification on handcent. mms only.

turboranger91

Nov 17, 2010
i know this has been asked many many times, but i assure you i've turned off all notifications on the factory messaging app. it only happens when i receive a mms message. sms is fine. every time i get a mms message, i get a dual notification from handcent. it doesn't happen when i use gosms or the factory app... only handcent. it used to do this on my old mytouch 4g also, but i figured it was an issue with my phone. now it's doing it on my new one s too. any ideas?

This is a HUGE problem for me with MMS. 1 notification when the message is received, another notification when it's downloaded. Why can't it just DL the message in the background and notify me only once when it's complete? Really becomes and issue when I'm stuck in iPhone group MMS with messages flying back and forth. 2 notifications for each message floors my phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones