• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Downgrading on Ace 2 to Gingerbread

lew86

Lurker
Jun 24, 2013
Hi there. I recently upgraded my Galaxy Ace 2 to Jellybean from the leaked software. Whilst the OS is great, it's too laggy on the phone, so wanted to return to the original OS, gingerbread.

There's various guides on how to do this following other peoples dissatisfaction for Jellybean, but when downloading the file 'I8160XXLK6_I8160OXXLK1_HOME.tar.md5' every guide says that after extracting, there should be 3 files:

- CODE_GT-I8160XXLK6_CL1211243_REV00_SEC_KEY_LK6-4G.tar.md5
- CSC_GT-I8160-MULTI-CSC-0XELF1_SEC_KEY_4G.tar.md5
- GT-I8160_EUR_XX_4G.pit

But following extraction the only file that appears is "GT-I8160_EUR_XX_4G.pit". Has anyone else encountered this and know the solution? I've tried searching for the individual files online to no avail. I'm familiar with the process of using Odin after using it for the upgrade, but this has stumped me.

I'd appreciate all the help as I can get as my phone is currently stuck on the main logo screen.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones