• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need an instruction to fix my hard bricked samsung galaxy s(SC-02B)

The reason why I cannot screenshot the not-responding odin,because the computer is also not responding.

Attachments

• upload_2020-2-26_14-37-46.png
    upload_2020-2-26_14-37-46.png
    59.4 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Upvote 0
if it is hard bricked, which seems to be the case, i doubt that any software will fix your situation. don't waste your money on something that most likely will not work. use that money, instead, and get a new phone.
Well I agree to that term,but I still don't know why my computer & odin isn't responding when I try to flash.I use Samsung USB Driver For Mobile Phone ver.1.7.23.0 & Odin Ver.1.85.Still can homemade Jig is a good idea to make? Because I worry it will damage my phone.

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0
Listen Victor..I think you are odiming with a higher version..I don't know every ones case..but in my case every times I try odim with a higher version it never recognises my phone..I keep this lower version of odim that has never fail me..

If it works you might have a chance of fixing your phone..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-03-03-22-27-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-03-03-22-27-51.jpg
    356 KB · Views: 231
Reactions: MrJavi and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
So um... What is it that really wrong with my computer & odin? Is it a USB driver I installed? Or something else I've missing?
probably nothing wrong with your computer. i just know that odin in general can be finicky. what works for others may not work for you. not sure why it is. but with all the troubleshooting that has been done with odin, using a different computer has worked in the past for some. while trying different versions of odin (both newer and older versions) have worked as well.

also just to re-iterate make sure you have any anti virus programs turned off.....or anything that can communicate with your phone, ie smart switch.

Upvote 0
I may be mistaken but if your device is unable to go into download mode that would explain the Odin message
<osm> "all threads completed, (success 0 / failed 0)".
I am not familiar with Odin+SLP but all the Odin's I've used have an color indicated to desplay your device has been recognized (uper left side).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes I was unable to go into download mode,am I still able to fix this?

To be honest with you, I don't see how it will be possible to flash the official firmware without enabling download mode. Whether, your pc, Odin, drives or usb cable are malfunctioning or not.
I had a Note 4 years years ago and got "DM-verity , Drk and efs fail". I spent hours and hours and hours trying to fix it. More time than the old phone was worth. Eventually, I found a fix but Dam!! It was a frustrating endeavor.

Upvote 0
Victor, I had that same problem a while back but then what I did was I start playing with it..meaning take the battery off then put it back on right away..it took me like a second to do that and then another second to do the combination key procedure to get it to going to download mode so will you do that and then it fails on then you do it again the battery pull then put it back in one single second and then you do i again the combination key until you get it right(just like Javi mentioned..it might take you hours..that's what happened with my Samsung my Galaxy S2 with a removable battery until I got it to go into the download then when I got it..it did standish a connection right away to the computer and it worked..

Try that..you have the time on your hands, use it wisely.

Reactions: MrJavi and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I'm using windows 8.1
Victor, I had that same problem a while back but then what I did was I start playing with it..meaning take the battery off then put it back on right away..it took me like a second to do that and then another second to do the combination key procedure to get it to going to download mode so will you do that and then it fails on then you do it again the battery pull then put it back in one single second and then you do i again the combination key until you get it right(just like Javi mentioned..it might take you hours..that's what happened with my Samsung my Galaxy S2 with a removable battery until I got it to go into the download then when I got it..it did standish a connection right away to the computer and it worked..

one more question,I'm using Windows 8.1 which Samsung USB Driver should I use?

Upvote 0

I've a question, I follow your instruction should I or shouldn't connect USB to the computer & phone?

Upvote 0
I've a question, I follow your instruction should I or shouldn't connect USB to the computer & phone?
...it might take you hours..that's what happened with my Samsung my Galaxy S2 with a removable battery until I got it to go into the download then when I got it..it did standish a connection right away to the computer and it worked..

yes you need the phone to be connected to your pc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones