• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root downgrading to rc29 - update fail problem, assistance needed

austriker

Jun 1, 2010
hi,

So tonight I decided to dedicate my night to watching recorded world cup matches from earlier and rooting my phone..

I followed this site because I am looking to install cyanongen mod:

Full Update Guide - G1/Dream Firmware to CyanogenMod - CyanogenMod Wiki

I do not know a huge amount about modding but just a bit..

I am having PROBLEMS! I am using my macbook but booted up in windows xp so there shouldnt be any problems there. I downloaded the DREAIMG.nbh file like the site tells me and put it on the SD card after formatting it to FAT32.

Now I restart my phone using the camera and power key and then run the updater.

here is the message I get:

"DREAIMG.nbh - FAIL

BOATLOADER -
RECOVERY -
BOOT -
SPLASH1 -
SYSTEM -
USERDATA -
RADIO_V2

Update Terminate
UPDATE FAIL
"

Now I have looked for solutions online but have not found many. Also my SIM card in the phone is for AT&T, do you think this could be the issue? I looked for anyone else trying this for at&t but could not find any posts relating to it..

PLEASE HELP! Because essentially my phone is bricked right now I think because I cannot normally boot it up. It just keeps starting up in the bootloader screen..

Bootloader screen:
DREA100 PVT 32B RUUNBH
HBOOT-0.95.0000
CPLD-4
RADIO-2.22.23.02

Sep 2 2008

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones