• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Download to ringtone?

I was using a file manager that wasn't allowing me to create folders. I am note sure why. I installed another that actually allows me to explore device files and was able to create a folder for ringtones, notifications and alarms.
another question: Is there a way to create a path that will allow my texts, email and app notifications to have there own sound?

Upvote 0
App notifications are done via the standard system notification set in Settings -> Sounds, unless the app comes with its own notification tone.

I can set SMS tones and Gmail tones independently within the Messaging and Gmail apps respectively, aren't you getting the option?

Alternatively, take a look at Light Flow on Play, it's 2nd to none at handling notifications across multiple apps.

Reactions: Valentinejr237
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones