• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Drivers in Motorola Triumph

dessystar

Lurker
Jul 20, 2012
I am currently trying to move all apps to my sd card. That's fine, I'm doing good and only have one more step to go.
But every time I put the command in, it tells me 'device not found'. I realize that I need to install the drivers for my phone.
I installed a driver(that I found here http://androidforums.com/triumph-all-things-root/415058-extracted-triumph-adb-drivers.html) , went to device manager, and attempted to install the drivers onto the android device. But it keeps telling me 'the best driver software for your device is already installed :thinking::thinking::thinking:.
Then I go to the command prompt and it still tells me 'device not found'.
WHAT IS GOING ON?

I am currently trying to move all apps to my sd card. That's fine, I'm doing good and only have one more step to go.
But every time I put the command in, it tells me 'device not found'. I realize that I need to install the drivers for my phone.
I installed a driver(that I found here http://androidforums.com/triumph-all-things-root/415058-extracted-triumph-adb-drivers.html) , went to device manager, and attempted to install the drivers onto the android device. But it keeps telling me 'the best driver software for your device is already installed :thinking::thinking::thinking:.
Then I go to the command prompt and it still tells me 'device not found'.
WHAT IS GOING ON?

Windows might have already installed incorrect drivers. First, type "change device installation settings" in the start menu search bar and click on the result. Click "no, let me choose what to do" then click "never install driver software from windows update" and leave this window open. Open the device manager and right-click all android related devices and click uninstall, making sure to check "delete the driver software from my computer." Then right-click the now unknown devices and click properties. Click the "driver" tab at the top of the window and then click "update driver..." and click "browse my computer for driver software. Browse to the folder where you extracted the triumph drivers, and then click next. Repeat this for all of the unknown devices. Once you're done, the drivers should be installed correctly. You can now go back to the "device installation settings" window and click "yes, do this automatically" so windows will continue to automatically install new devices in the future.

Upvote 0
Windows might have already installed incorrect drivers. First, type "change device installation settings" in the start menu search bar and click on the result. Click "no, let me choose what to do" then click "never install driver software from windows update" and leave this window open. Open the device manager and right-click all android related devices and click uninstall, making sure to check "delete the driver software from my computer." Then right-click the now unknown devices and click properties. Click the "driver" tab at the top of the window and then click "update driver..." and click "browse my computer for driver software. Browse to the folder where you extracted the triumph drivers, and then click next. Repeat this for all of the unknown devices. Once you're done, the drivers should be installed correctly. You can now go back to the "device installation settings" window and click "yes, do this automatically" so windows will continue to automatically install new devices in the future.
okay , i got up to the part where you say to uninstall the android devices. but after that, i don't see unknown android device or anything, it disappeared after i uninstalled.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones