1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Droid 1 Assurion replacement

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mobrienjr, Jun 6, 2011.

1. mobrienjr

mobrienjr Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 14, 2010
    alright, I know there is another thread floating around about the replacements from assurion. I am curious if they are still handing out the Original Droid's as a replacement for the Original Droid, of if they have moved onto a different device. My screen just goes crazy right now and before i unroot it and return it to the store I want to be sure that I am not going to get an original droid. I would prefer something newer that will play the newer games/apps.

Advertisement

2. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 2, 2010
    Student, Air Force Cadet
    California
    You might be offered a Droid Incredible or (MAYBE) a Droid 2 if you really want one with a keyboard.

3. Steven58

Steven58 Why, WHEN I WAS YOUR AGE... brats!

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    New Jersey, US of A
    Assurion is not replacing Incredibles with Incredibles. They're offering DX's or Fascinates.

My sense is they'll offer a D2 if they're out of D1's. D2's have locked bootloaders, so if you're rooted and rom'd, you may want to go for the fascinate. However, Moto's hardware is so far superior to everything else. Good luck and let us know.

4. mobrienjr

None

Mar 14, 2010
    well, I called and they said a D1, I took it anyways...damn touch screen been going crazy after being on for 8-10 hours

5. AMTrombley0924

None

Jun 2, 2010
    Student, Air Force Cadet
    California
    Wow, I'm seriously surprised they still have some. If it's a refurb (I can't imagine why it wouldn't be), look it over and make sure it's like-new. D1 refurbs were notorious for being bad (at least when I had one)

6. mobrienjr

None

Mar 14, 2010
    yeah I was shocked also, but I am going to look over it with a fine tooth comb....

7. bklyndroid

bklyndroid Lurker
    None

Jan 8, 2010
    I had the original Droid till I split coffee on it. Assurion sent me a Droid 1 replacement which turned out to be a piece of crap. Called them back and they sent me the D2G. All is good now. :D

8. AMTrombley0924

None

Jun 2, 2010
    Student, Air Force Cadet
    California
    To the OP: So is the new device ok? I hope you didn't get stuck in a perpetual loop here, lol

9. mobrienjr

None

Mar 14, 2010
    I called them and they are sending me another replacement. The A and Q buttons would not work on the keyboard. After about 30 presses it might register it a few times. Also the screen slider was a lot looser than my old one. If you pressed up on the left side you could hear a click.

Should receive the other one today. If I am not happy with it I will send it back again and request something different

10. bklyndroid

bklyndroid Lurker
    None

Jan 8, 2010
    I was having the same problem. Could not type in without some other symbol showing up and the synbols weren't even on that key. Plus the phone screen kept going off and on and to boot the battery became so hot I was afraid to leave in my shirt pocket. That was the second phone which was a replacement Droid 1. After speaking to a Assurion rep I was put on with a supervisor. He told me that they would send out a replacement phone but not a Droid 1 but a D2G...band new. Not sure if this is true cause when I received the phone it has the Assurion stickers on it but it sure look new. Very happy so far with no problems. Good luck. If your not happy then call them back in I think is 7 or 9 days upon receiving phone.

11. mobrienjr

None

Mar 14, 2010
    well I got my second droid now...its a lot better, bubbly keyboard, all the keys work, etc... hopefully this one either lasts me until I can upgrade, or if it doesnt I can get something else. But I do love the droid..awesome phone