• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid 1 Assurion replacement

mobrienjr

Android Enthusiast
Mar 14, 2010
alright, I know there is another thread floating around about the replacements from assurion. I am curious if they are still handing out the Original Droid's as a replacement for the Original Droid, of if they have moved onto a different device. My screen just goes crazy right now and before i unroot it and return it to the store I want to be sure that I am not going to get an original droid. I would prefer something newer that will play the newer games/apps.

Assurion is not replacing Incredibles with Incredibles. They're offering DX's or Fascinates.

My sense is they'll offer a D2 if they're out of D1's. D2's have locked bootloaders, so if you're rooted and rom'd, you may want to go for the fascinate. However, Moto's hardware is so far superior to everything else. Good luck and let us know.

Upvote 0
I called them and they are sending me another replacement. The A and Q buttons would not work on the keyboard. After about 30 presses it might register it a few times. Also the screen slider was a lot looser than my old one. If you pressed up on the left side you could hear a click.

Should receive the other one today. If I am not happy with it I will send it back again and request something different

Upvote 0
I was having the same problem. Could not type in without some other symbol showing up and the synbols weren't even on that key. Plus the phone screen kept going off and on and to boot the battery became so hot I was afraid to leave in my shirt pocket. That was the second phone which was a replacement Droid 1. After speaking to a Assurion rep I was put on with a supervisor. He told me that they would send out a replacement phone but not a Droid 1 but a D2G...band new. Not sure if this is true cause when I received the phone it has the Assurion stickers on it but it sure look new. Very happy so far with no problems. Good luck. If your not happy then call them back in I think is 7 or 9 days upon receiving phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones