• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid charge buttons sticky

If they cant fix it you can try pouring a little rubbing alcohol on the buttons. While this works with computer hardware and spills not sure about a phone. So try it at your own risk.

Also if you do try this take the battery out first and don't try powering up the phone till the next day. You want all the alcohol to evaporate before you power up or your fried.

The only reason i bring this up is becase the vzw store may try to offer you a replacement with a CLN phone and those things are always a nightmare to deal with.

Again i am not really recommending you do this, just giving you another option if you don't like what you hear at vzw. Use at your own risk.

Upvote 0
rubbing alcohol is a WATER propanol solution. You do NOT put water:eek: anywhere close to electronics.

any auto parts store sells electronic parts cleaner. It's a spray that cleans and evaporates in a heartbeat. I used it many times on all kinds of car electronics AND on my MP3 player and earbuds. Cost is about 2-3 bucks. Another spray cleaner safe to use is MAP sensor cleaner.
Just to correct myself: water +iso-propil alcohol solution.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones