• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Droid X extended battery

Oh, and it looks like it must have been an Incredible user who was complaining about the battery tests being unfair. Ok so I know the Incredible is a smaller sized phone, so maybe that's why they didn't put a larger battery in it. But it has a Super Amoled (read, battery eating) screen right? So that brings me right back to, 'why didn't they go bigger'?

Surely they must have tested the phone and knew it was getting less than 5 hours talk time while their direct competition was getting almost twice that... didn't they care? It seems to me that these phone manufactureres aren't aware how important to us consumers battery life really is.

You know how every generation seems to have something the previous generation never would have thought possible? Our grandparents had cars they could get in and drive around in without needing a horse to pull it. Our parents could get in an airplane and fly across the Pacific ocean in less than a days time. We had walkmans and portable mini tv's that allowed us to carry our entertainment around where ever we wanted to go. And this generation has telephones that are as powerful as computers from the 80's that used to occupy entire warehouses... I can envision my grandchildren having phones that come with fully charged batteries that don't need charged or replaced for the next 4 to 5 years (like my wristwatch). But until that day comes, make my phone a bit thicker, and give me the big-gulp please! ;)

Upvote 0
I don't know if this will help anybody but I found I had to fully discharge and then charge it twice, two different cycles (not necessarily back to back) to calibrate the meter. This has helped me immensely. Gone from roughly 8-12 hours, depending on usage, to close to 24 hours of fairly intensive use. 3G internet, WIFI, 50-100 texts a day, maybe 30 minutes of calls a day, some on speaker, emulators, apps, downloading etc etc.

Hopefully this helps someone.

Upvote 0
I have the Verizon Holster case. When i removed it (to use with car dock, and multimedia dock *palmhead*) I noticed the inside of the back looks like it was pressed out where the door goes. Since the door is normally at the same level, i wonder if this will accommodate the extended battery - maybe without the door? Since it covers the Whole back i feel i wouldnt need to worry about the door, and would allow me to continue to use the same holster.
Anyone?
Im using this - Set Your Location

Upvote 0
Just tried to purchase 2 from verizon and they are in stock but the BAT30 code is invalid. Anyone know where there is another code to use. Really don't want to spend $100 on them if I don't have to. If someone can hook me up please shoot me a pm, thanks.

acc20, webch10, cas15, twenty are all expired too.

Your best bet would be do have a friend with a corporate discount buy you a battery.

Upvote 0
I have the Verizon Holster case. When i removed it (to use with car dock, and multimedia dock *palmhead*) I noticed the inside of the back looks like it was pressed out where the door goes. Since the door is normally at the same level, i wonder if this will accommodate the extended battery - maybe without the door? Since it covers the Whole back i feel i wouldnt need to worry about the door, and would allow me to continue to use the same holster.
Anyone?
Im using this - Set Your Location
Removed it, sliced off the little rectangle, and trimmed the inside edge of the front lip and Voila! Cased Droid X in Car mount!!
4975608028_7c027112b4.jpg

Upvote 0
Removed it, sliced off the little rectangle, and trimmed the inside edge of the front lip and Voila! Cased Droid X in Car mount!!

Extended battery really isn't much bigger. Pretty sure I have that case and it fits fine.

I have the same case. The case goes on a little harder and it drags a bit more going into the holster, but works just fine.

If you put the two battery doors 2 inches apart, it's difficult to tell one is bigger... they look identical.

Upvote 0
I guess I'll be a guinea pig....I just purchased the extended battery at a VZW store and had the CS person install it and put on the stock cover. To their surprise, it fit without issue. To me, the stock cover slides over the extended battery just as easy as it did the stock battery (no extra effort).

However, what are the metal tabs at the very bottom, inside of the door in the middle for (not the locking tabs along the sides)?

Upvote 0
I've had my extended battery for a week now. Truth be told I am not that impressed. I havent changed my useage habits and Im still lucky to get 7 or so hours out of it. I completely discharged the battery today and will let it charge over night. I figure I will do this a time or two more and then start to see if there are any improvements. However at the moment color me unimpressed.

Upvote 0
I got 32 hours with gps and BT turned on the entire time and brightness at 100% (instead of my usual 12%). Had two 1 hour phone calls and played about an hour of games and updated software for about 30 minutes. I'm down to 40% now on my first charge with my extended battery. I couldn't be happier.

I just turned my gps and bt off now. I can get 3-1/2 days with light use on the regular battery, one day with heavy use, anxious to see what this one is capable of.

Upvote 0
I've had my extended battery for a week now. Truth be told I am not that impressed. I havent changed my useage habits and Im still lucky to get 7 or so hours out of it. I completely discharged the battery today and will let it charge over night. I figure I will do this a time or two more and then start to see if there are any improvements. However at the moment color me unimpressed.

I'd color you having battery management issues with your phone. There's no way you should be getting only 7 hours with the stock battery let alone the extended battery. I'd dig into some of the battery management threads and see if you have something causing drainage.

Upvote 0
Im impressed with my extended battery had it for 3 days now and this is what I came up with.

11 hours since unplugged before it died.

67% phone calls =3 hours of talk time
28% display.= 3 hours and 45 min of the time display was on.
6% stand by

I had pandora and ebuddy running all day in the car and I did alot of texting ,surfing on the internet and some youtube and emails. I am using the case/holster combo from verizon but I do not use the battery cover that came with the extended battery as it will not fit, also I ran the phone under smart mode . hope this helps.

Upvote 0
I'd color you having battery management issues with your phone. There's no way you should be getting only 7 hours with the stock battery let alone the extended battery. I'd dig into some of the battery management threads and see if you have something causing drainage.
Thanks. Yeah I am still having problems. Over the weekend when I was engaged in few calls and few emails battery life was awesome. But today I barely made it from 9am to 5 pm before I hit 20% and had to recharge.

This is what a system view is telling me

Display has used 63%
Standby used 19%
Phone idle used 8%
Blue tooth used 5%
Voice called used 2%

That is over the 4 hours and 37 minutes since I last pulled it off the charger.

Upvote 0
Found one at my local store. Check stock if your looking for one - 49$
I use the shell / holster case and it fits fine. I just didnt use the new door - the old one fits ok, but with the "pressure issue" ive heard about, I use it Sans battery door. The shell holds it in place just as well, and one less thing to open when i want to swap batteries.

Upvote 0
I got on on eBay since all the local stores were out of them and they were not sure when they would get them in if ordered. Now as to putting the old back door on, I disagree. I tried over and over again and could not get it on. The issue is, if you put that door on when the battery heats up it could cause problems. I checked with Motorola and this is what they told me. The new door that comes with the battery is to give it some room to breath. I do have the Verizon case/holster combo and decided to just leave the door off. It works great without it. Just my two cents on how mine worked. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I beleive the batteries they are sending are OEM.
Somehow the Chinese are able to get OEM batteries for like insane prices (under 5$)
Ive bought them from similar ebay stores for my previous phones (BB) and theyre holographic OEM batteries...
I think theyre probably extras or something, that get sold right out of the factory, for profit.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones