1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Droid X for penny

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dhend25, Feb 21, 2011.

1. dhend25

dhend25 Member

Hi all,

I'm seriously considering this "Amazon" deal of a New Droid X for a penny on a new 2 yr contract.

Does anyone know if this deal is legit, or if "Amazon Wireless" is legit. The Droid X is going for $199.99 here in my area at both Best Buy and the Verizon stores. I even emailed Amazon to ask if these one cent phones were "Refurbs" and they said all the phones they sell are brand new!

Has anyone had any experience with this company (Amazon Wireless)? What's the catch here?

Thanks for any replies.

Dh
    Springfield, Virginia

Advertisement

2. damule6666

damule6666 Android Enthusiast

Very legit, Just received my 2 X's that i activated on a new two year family plan contract. All for the hefty sum of 0.02. (brandy new phones as well)

Amazon wireless was super easy to work with, ordered them on wed, had them on Fri

Amazing phones as well BTW!

No worries with amazon my man.

But that's just my 0.02:D Get it? heheeh

dhend25 likes this.
  3. eraursls1984

eraursls1984 Android Expert

The only catch is that if you break your contract in the first six months you have to pay more than the $350 or so that Verizon charges, I think like anon her $150, but who breaks contract after only six months?

dhend25 likes this.
  4. derek533

derek533 Member

No it's completely legit. When I got my original Droid last year, Verizon was still selling them for $199 yet Amazon had them for $20. I went through Amazon and had zero problems with the process. Just don't break your contract before 6 months.

dhend25 likes this.
  5. boostedscooby

boostedscooby Member

i purchased one yesterday . i should get it by monday . am i happy with the purchase ... how can you beat .01 on a great android phone that has been compared to the htc evo

dhend25 likes this.
  6. zman8

zman8 Lurker

My Amazon Droid X is arriving today!!

How difficult was it to port your number through this deal?

dhend25 likes this.
  7. boostedscooby

boostedscooby Member

you should have gotten an email before you got your phone . It will tell you how to activate or transfer you current number. Just go to amazonwireless.com and go to your account or call the 1.877 number .

I even got my new verizon phone number emailed to me . I cant wait to have the droid x in my hands .

dhend25 likes this.
  8. damule6666

The day my X arrived i called Verizon (after canceling my AT&T) and getting my # released and it took Verizon 5 min to port my number over..

Simple as pie!

dhend25 likes this.
  9. boostedscooby

boostedscooby Member

just got my droid x and now installing a couple off apps .

10. Wally World

Wally World Android Expert

I will wait until the Thunderbolt is $.01.

11. damule6666

That should be Sometime around Oct i should think. By then the Bionic and others will be out. The X for a cent is the deal of the year.

12. mel0

mel0 Lurker

I got my new Droid from wirefly.com for free and ported it within minutes. Amazing deal!!