• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid X Screen Question

D

Deleted User

Earlier today, I removed my verizon screen protector from my X. At some point later in the day, I noticed what seems to be a very faint but noticeable square grid. It is most visible when I am using an app that has a white/light colored background (ex: Google.com in the browser). I can also see it when the display is asleep, but under sunlight or any other bright light. It's hard to say, but the grid also seems to be slightly more noticeable when the brightness is turned all the way up. Has anyone else experienced something similar? Could it possibly be a problem with the screen, or is it normal? (this is my first touch screen phone, so I am pretty unfamiliar with how they actually work.) Thanks for any insight!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones