• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid X2 Dialer doesn't let me press keys

jtoth55

Lurker
Mar 29, 2011
I have a Droid X2 and am having issues with the dialpad keyboard. The dialer app itself works fine, I can type in a number and call it.

However I need to make conference calls for work, and after I call the conference line, it pops up the dialpad so I can type in the conference code. When I press a 1 or a 4, it doesn't do anything and the screen goes black for 2 seconds then comes back on. The other numbers work fine. It's weird because I have the screen set to go black after 2 minutes, yet it automatically goes off after I press the 1 or 4. Because it ignores my presses on 1 and 4, I can't type in the conference code so can't get on the calls!

This is really weird, any ideas of a fix for this? If not, is there a way to get another dialpad? I'd hate to have to get another phone over something stupid like this.

These are dialers, the default dialer app itself is fine. The issue is after dialing, when you're in the call and are using the dialpad. Even with those dialer apps, it still uses the default screen and dialpad once you're in the call.

Gotcha.. dunno man. Seems rather odd. I've had to enter in pins and such before and I've never ran across that one. In fact my Voice Mail has both a 1 and a 4 in the password and I've never had that happen. Think somethings wonky with your dialer.

Upvote 0
This also happens to me on my
droid x2. It started like you said with the 1 and 4 keys but it seems to be progressing, as now I can't hang up either. Yes, it is quite frustrating. I came here hoping to find some answers. I to have tried other dialer apps without any luck. jtoth55, have you learned anything new since your post?

Upvote 0
Yes, if I put it on speaker phone right after making the call, and I hold the phone more vertical rather than horizontal, then it generally lets me press the digits ok. Also there was a firmware upgrade for my phone, and this helped a bit too. Let me know if this helps you at all!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones